Ottawa 67's 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Looks like London is in a different skill level than any other OHL teams, Beat Oshawa 8-1 in the first game of the final and leading 8-1 in the 2nd game after 2 periods

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In fairness, Oshawa is missing a few key players and much of the team is playing banged up. They are pretty much playing on fumes.
That's what can happen this time of year - not to take anything away from London who are clearly firing on all cylinders, but the playoffs are a war of attrition, and part of making a run is staying healthy and having good luck on the injury front. London probably beats a healthy Oshawa team also, maybe even sweeps them, but I doubt they beat them like a rug in this manner. This is a pretty shocking outcome that probably surprises Dale Hunter as much as anyone...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That's what can happen this time of year - not to take anything away from London who are clearly firing on all cylinders, but the playoffs are a war of attrition, and part of making a run is staying healthy and having good luck on the injury front. London probably beats a healthy Oshawa team also, maybe even sweeps them, but I doubt they beat them like a rug in this manner. This is a pretty shocking outcome that probably surprises Dale Hunter as much as anyone...

We have all sensed the top of the west post-deadline was stronger than the East which had more parity at the top of the Conference. That said, Oshawa was rolling like a freight train through the first three games of the North Bay series. They won 12 straight to finish the season. Then went 11-1 through their first twelve games of the playoffs. They started to get injured and fall down a bit and haven’t recovered. They lost three straight to North Bay and won Game 7. Now two losses to London.

Going 23-1 over a stretch and then 1-5 this last stretch shows exactly how badly they have been stung by injury. The top teams in the East simply don’t have the depth to carry them through an injury spell like this but I do think they had the horses to duke it out with London IF healthy. The top of their lineup is very strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad