Confirmed with Link: Pavelski extension 1 year

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It's an opinion for sure, not IMO a very solid argument tho.

Krejci played a year in the Czech league, more or less a soft retirement from the NHL and wasn't a sure bet to score anything anymore. Also his contract is essentially a $3mil contract with the bonuses.

Bergeron, like Pavelski has the salary hidden in the bonuses ($2.5mil for 10gp). That's essentially a $5mil contract.

Spezza's contracts are a good example of cup hunting, low salary ones. Not the norm tho.
Also his production for the seasons just prior to signing were 27p, 25p, 30p.

"Unfortunate he wouldn't do league minimum. Maybe it's wishful thinking"

That was the start of my post, I didn't post:

"Why the f*** didn't this idiot sign league minimum what the f*** is he doing"

I said my thought process was wishful thinking.

Reactions: hairylikebear

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
"Unfortunate he wouldn't do league minimum. Maybe it's wishful thinking"

That was the start of my post, I didn't post:

"Why the f*** didn't this idiot sign league minimum what the f*** is he doing"

I said my thought process was wishful thinking.
I mean that's what a fantasy board is for, so of course that is what should be posted here. None of our lazy asses is in any place to make actual decision regarding the team anyway, so yeah I have no problem with differing opinions about fantasies.

But just highlighting some counter thoughts on the matter. Nothing too serious.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m pretty sure Bergeron has over 2M in bonuses he’s already hit, similar to Pavs

Krejci also has 2M in bonuses

Spezza, love the guy, but he was more of a bottom 6 player at this time

We don’t have to pay the bonus next season, so technically Pavs did take a smaller cap hit next season
The two Bruins did help the team by shifting a lot of their pay to the bonuses that will roll over to next season when it won’t matter because they’ll be retired, but they aren’t playing for free. They took home team discounts, but they’re still going to make $3 million and $5 million this season.

There have been a couple of examples of fading stars taking pennies, but it’s very few. Spezza and Simmonds in Toronto were two who wanted to play for their home town team. Corey Perry‘s contracts in Montreal and Tampa were also cheap, but I think he just doesn’t want to retire.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
The two Bruins did help the team by shifting a lot of their pay to the bonuses that will roll over to next season when it won’t matter because they’ll be retired, but they aren’t playing for free. They took home team discounts, but they’re still going to make $3 million and $5 million this season.

There have been a couple of examples of fading stars taking pennies, but it’s very few. Spezza and Simmonds in Toronto were two who wanted to play for their home town team. Corey Perry‘s contracts in Montreal and Tampa were also cheap, but I think he just doesn’t want to retire.

Corey Perry has to pay for his big ass house in Arva somehow.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Glad Nill got this taken care of to start the New Year and Pavelski deserves it… along with a Cup.

Wishful thinking of course but Nill pushing 2 mil till the cap rises the following season should be used to buyout Suter, again wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad