Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The last 40 years wouldn’t have been so contentious if Bill James was only 95% utter prick. He just needed to be able to fake it for an hour here and there. Alas.
What cracks me up about shit like this is him (purposefully, of course) ignoring the fact that Skenes is already special

You're telling me this guy has been too cool for school for the last 40 years? Sheesh

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What cracks me up about shit like this is him (purposefully, of course) ignoring the fact that Skenes is already special

You're telling me this guy has been too cool for school for the last 40 years? Sheesh

The rabbit hole is deeper than you would believe.

There’s the famous Dick Allen quote — he “did more to keep his teams from winning than anyone else who ever played Major League Baseball. And if that’s a Hall of Famer, I’m a lug nut.” Also long took umbrage with Hornsby’s career because he thought he was a bad teammate.

There’s this absolute gem from 2018 — “If the players all retired tomorrow, we would replace them, the game would go on; in three years it would make no difference whatsoever.”

Lest you think his bullshit is limited to baseball, there’s his infamous Q & A from Grantland on crime with gems like this:

Q: You’re speaking hypothetically, but I’m curious: What would have to happen in order to make you commit a murder? Can you picture a scenario where you kill someone?

A: For most of us who are living successful lives, we systematically steer away from those situations. We steer away from those stresses. But, you know … if the kids have to eat and there’s no money in the bank, who knows what you might do? So you try to keep money in the bank. You try to avoid that circumstance. If a woman drives you crazy, you’ll do things that you wouldn’t normally do — so you try to stay away from women who make you crazy. Or drugs: Any one of us can become a drug addict. And once you do, you will kill somebody to get drugs. So maybe that’s the way to think about this: Any real drug addict will kill you in order to get drugs.

The man is an ass of the highest order.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The rabbit hole is deeper than you would believe.

There’s the famous Dick Allen quote — he “did more to keep his teams from winning than anyone else who ever played Major League Baseball. And if that’s a Hall of Famer, I’m a lug nut.” Also long took umbrage with Hornsby’s career because he thought he was a bad teammate.

There’s this absolute gem from 2018 — “If the players all retired tomorrow, we would replace them, the game would go on; in three years it would make no difference whatsoever.”

Lest you think his bullshit is limited to baseball, there’s his infamous Q & A from Grantland on crime with gems like this:

The man is an ass of the highest order.
f***ing ew

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Damn. He threw him under the bus and then had it back-up and run over him again. The reporters were asking about why call for a SACRIFICE BUNT and force the batter to have to commit when the pitcher was wild and Washington was like "What you talking about? He was throwing strikes"

Jojo Romero threw 8 out of 31 pitches in the strike zone. He had walked the two previous batters.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Looking into the new bat speed data and Bohm is tied for #10 in blasts, which is a swing that is both faster than average and squared up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad