OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Fitting way to lose. He was clearly out, but there's no sense crying over a game that was a tough one to begin with. The same wind that hurt Gonzales' good swings is probably the reason Falter was able to be so effective.

The opportunity is there to convert a series win tomorrow with Keller on the mound. Taillon's been hittable but still very effective.
Eh, I think it’s ok to be pissed about it. Whether they were supposed to win or not, get it to extras and you’ve got a real shot.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
My trust index in Bednar is at a low. Quite simply a 97 mph right-handed 4 seam fastball with little/no movement from a conventional arm angle is hittable these days. Now that his mystic intimidation factor is over I think he's our 4th best reliever.

I don't want to hear any BS like "he's hurt" also. His fastball never had a right to be as effective as it was. Regression caught up to that pitch.
I have zero confidence in Bednar. I think he has maybe two, 123 innings this year. The worst possibly choice was to put Holderman in for 1 batter.

It wouldn't have mattered though. We weren't scoring a run if it went 20 innings.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Eh, I think it’s ok to be pissed about it. Whether they were supposed to win or not, get it to extras and you’ve got a real shot.
Yeah, not trying to just brush it aside or downplay the opportunity too much. Everything is still extremely magnified because of all the losing, so if we can't seize the 3-1 series win tomorrow, this is going to feel even worse.

This is especially true with who is on deck. Not an easy stretch to close out the month. A Giants team playing better of late, Braves, Tigers, and a Jays team that can surely beat us. 3-1 basically feels like a necessity but 4-0 (or the chance to play for it) would have been a great boon to help us keep treading water.

Reactions: sovietsanta87

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I have zero confidence in Bednar. I think he has maybe two, 123 innings this year. The worst possibly choice was to put Holderman in for 1 batter.

It wouldn't have mattered though. We weren't scoring a run if it went 20 innings.

I think tomorrow's game is really crucial.

We know who/what Jamo is and we know he can be effective at times. Like he is on a good run now. But his stuff is still extremely ordinary by today's standards. We have to be able to hit this guy and put up 4 runs at least. If we can't I worry that the offense is headed for another doom loop.

Cruz has been awful at the plate in the last couple but IMO we need an extra base hit out of him tomorrow. We also need Reynolds to be good again. Any contribution whatsoever out of Suwinski or Tellez is a bonus.

Bae is annihilating the ball but he's still down for some inexplicable reason. Would easily slot him into the lineup over Suwinski tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad