Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
London probly had potential game 7 90% sold out before they knew it could happen.
Do the the Spirit (Gens) not sell tics for all games in an entire series or do they wait until a game is gauranteed before releasing.to STH n public?

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
London probly had potential game 7 90% sold out before they knew it could happen.
Do the the Spirit (Gens) not sell tics for all games in an entire series or do they wait until a game is gauranteed before releasing.to STH n public?

They would sell games 1 and 2 (or 3 and 4, in the London series) and then only games 5/6/7 once they were confirmed.

STH could buy all postseason games at once before the playoffs started but it was the value for all games for all rounds, and the balance would go towards next years deposit unless you asked for a refund.

And this is another silly topic anyways, just more hating on the Spirit and its fans.

The Spirit have and will always be primarily a family based event. Getting this late into the season, many families have sporting events for their kids, and this week was no exception - I know of multiple ice hockey tournaments that were being played away from Saginaw this week. It's also something that can't be planned around like other games.

4,000+ is still a great number and turnout, and I don't care what the haters say.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I guarantee that there were not 4000 actual bodies in the rink. No, they have a point. In all the years I have attended Spirits games , I never sat in a full house rink. I have heard the announcement as to tonights attendance, but look around to many empty seats.

Reasons... Corporarate and business sales. This group buys up blocks of tickets to clients. I know, my wife works at one of the local hospitals that we get tickets from. If tickets are not moved, they become empty sold seats. So, on any night they will announce X in attendance, yet those are seats sold, not asses in the seats.

The reality is this... without these sales , Saginaw, with fans only, would never max out at more than 3000 fans in the rink, in seats, active and present.

Sorry to tell the truth.

Last edited:

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
And I am sick of the excuses that are offered here... we have kids, they are involved in sports that conflict with games... as if the Canadian teams don't have the same issues??? The truth is that we have a limited fan base, young or old, and that is the reality, and that base can not sell out this rink... period!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
And I am sick of the excuses that are offered here... we have kids, they are involved in sports that conflict with games... as if the Canadian teams don't have the same issues??? The truth is that we have a limited fan base, young or old, and that is the reality, and that base can not sell out this rink... period!
A lot of teams in the OHL announce attendance numbers. You look around and see all sorts of empty seats. Those seats are paid for by season ticket holders or companies. Just no fans using them on that particular night. As far as American teams I think the truth is hockey is not considered the number one sport. I think it's great having these teams in the league. Demographics plays a big part in filling arenas. Brampton Battalion had a hell of a time getting fans in the seats. Not a lot of hockey fans in that area.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Saginaw has an especially hard time drawing fans in the first half of the season due to football at all levels. Attendance tends to pick up after the first of the year every season.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
All teams will count sold seats that are empty and it happens for most games. Not being able to fill the building to see what is probably the best Spirit roster ever in the Conference Finals of a Memorial Cup year is kind of surprising though. It blows my mind I can still get tickets for Memorial Cup games two weeks out. I figured they’d be gone a day or two after going on sale. I got lucky acquiring tickets for Windsor but if I recall correctly they were pretty hard to come by late.

Reactions: sbpointer

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
All teams will count sold seats that are empty and it happens for most games. Not being able to fill the building to see what is probably the best Spirit roster ever in the Conference Finals of a Memorial Cup year is kind of surprising though. It blows my mind I can still get tickets for Memorial Cup games two weeks out. I figured they’d be gone a day or two after going on sale. I got lucky acquiring tickets for Windsor but if I recall correctly they were pretty hard to come by late.
Attendance is supposed to go by turnstile numbers not tickets sold. Atleast that's how I've thought I has went for years.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You’ll get a packed arena for the men cup especially the semi finals and finals which is what I’m going to.

People can complain about your playoff attendance all they want. Fact of the matter is there is always packed crowds in the memorial cup regardless of the location.

People fly and drive all over just to be at it.

People comparing you guys to Oshawa and London are comparing you to the team with the most fans in the east, and the most fans in maybe the whole CHL. Not a fair comparison at all. And you’re an American team in the “Ontario hockey league” lol

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Attendance for the memorial cup shouldn’t be an issue, people all over Canada make the pilgrimage every year. My folks went coast to coast several years in a row.

We made a trip to Saskatoon to see the knights, that was a great trip but the host team sucked and they have a huge rink (16,000) that was at best half full. Still saw a bunch of future all stars play their last junior games like Nathan McKinnon!

Saginaw will be packed, my crew will be there on the final weekend. It will be fantastic hockey regardless who makes it to the end. This year have Saginaw go deep really means this tournament is going to be tight with 4 really really good teams.

Can’t wait.

Reactions: Buttsy and Finster8

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark