News Article: Scottrade Center renovations

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Over the lifetime of this building, yes there's been a quality product on the ice, and a strong community presence off of it.

Now they're trying to put together a new ice ring center in Creve Coeur that will again benefit the city.

But yes, because they haven't won the hardest trophy to win in North American sports, they shouldn't get help from the public.

County, not city.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
Any clue when we hear what they are planning to do for renovations?

"The Blues’ presentation said $57.8 million would be spent on infrastructure, $29 million on technology, $51.8 million on event and fan amenities, and $21.4 million on financing costs."

"The Blues’ plan calls for renovations to the front of the arena, the concourses, retail spaces and a new scoreboard. Premium seating would be upgraded and many infrastructure improvements made."

To answer your question, I think we still have a long road until we start to hear specific details.

Full article: https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis...-blues-say-public-funding-needed-for.amp.html

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
ofcourse they are gonna say that. its called a bluff. What do you expect them to come out and say? also, you act like scotttrade is the only venue in the area worthy of having a concert. I have been tons of concerts that were not at Scotttrade and I do not see all those other venues begging for public funds for upgrades in order to "keep up".

Again, they have ZERO leverage here and the first thing about making a deal is you do not attempt to make one without having leverage. What makes their situtation even worse is they are asking for this at completely the wrong time. A better time to ask for this would have been right after the Rams left when they would have had complete unified support from the people.

Bluff? Bluff for what? They have no investment in the building other than performing there.

Your logic isn't very good here.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Bluff? Bluff for what? They have no investment in the building other than performing there.

Your logic isn't very good here.

I don't believe the last word of your post was entirely necessary. :laugh:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You are correct. Sadly this is the one place literally in the country where that distinction has to be made. So dumb.

St. Louis has gotta be unique somehow :laugh:

We can't even claim uniqueness cause Baltimore is like that as well. As are most cities in Virginia but that's because Virginia is weird. Also, Carson City, NV.

I don't know why I know this either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad