Senators Off-Season Discussion 2024 Mega Thread

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't even think about this. Too lazy to look up how much Green played him in Vancouver, but I'd rather remove any risk of having to see Hamonic on the opening night lineup and just have him bought out (and hopefully he signs with the leafs who expect him to be a top 4 RD)
He played him less than he had been played in Cgy before coming over. He also only played 62 games under Green so Idk where the "how much he loves Hamonic" thing came from.

Edit: Scratch that, 46 games, Green was fired Hamonic's second year, and Hamonic missed much of the start of the season.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He played him less than he had been played in Cgy before coming over. He also only played 62 games under Green so Idk where the "how much he loves Hamonic" thing came from.

Edit: Scratch that, 46 games, Green was fired Hamonic's second year, and Hamonic missed much of the start of the season.
I think its ptsd from DJ playing him and other out of depth defenders at all

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I'm a realist, the roster can only change so quickly, and we are kind of locked into subpar goaltending. This offseason could change my mind, but I'm not going to assume we fix everything all at once.

If we do manage to land a night RHD like Pesce, flip Chychrun for Ulmark, flip Brannstrom and JBD out for a Tanev and add a middle six winger and stay healthy next year within reason, then my expectations will adjust accordingly. But I don't think that's realistic expectations. The past is the past, you can't change that and you can't let it prevent you from making the right moves today.
we are a stone's throw away from BuffaloHood. We are only 1 season behind Detroit. Luckily Arizona moved and that comparison has dropped out. The California teams are out of sight, out of mind. Columbus is seen as a crazy oddity.

Our comparable's are not exactly prime stock. When we take our dog to the dog show, he is not going up against ribbon winners, but is sprayed for flees and the humane society is called in to rescue him.

In this city, we do not take well to being sprayed for flees. We are wealthy, live on the never ending tax dollar and generally tell others to "shove it". When the team asks us to eat from the same bowl as dogs with flees, we tell them to F' off.

I hope that the team gets this.

Mr. and Mrs. I pull 200 K working for the Feds, wear Lulu lemon, vacation in Paris, change my washer and dryer as often as I change socks.. No flees for them.

• Haha
Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad