Player Discussion Stuart Skinner

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
You wish he could have had that first one since it was the first shot, but that's a cross-ice play executed by the top line of the best team in the Eastern Conference. Not that it would have mattered anyway.

Regardless, Skinner's come a long way since the Vancouver series, and proved a lot of doubters wrong (myself included).

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
I don't get the Skinner hate. Based on his contract and based on who he is he played a pretty good game. B + performance

Skinner is not Bobrovsky. If you want or think the team needs an elite goalie that's on management, not Skinner.
The diffrence between Bob and Skins is about 7,5 million in cap hit per year....Just sayin'....

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
You wish he could have had that first one since it was the first shot, but that's a cross-ice play executed by the top line of the best team in the Eastern Conference. Not that it would have mattered anyway.

Regardless, Skinner's come a long way since the Vancouver series, and proved a lot of doubters wrong (myself included).
True, my only problem with it is it was more or less a guaranteed pass and Skinner was late to read the play and move laterally which is a knock on his game in general.

Reactions: Lannes

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I have been really tough on Skinner in these playoffs but I couldn't fault him for either goal in game 1. I mean it would be nice if he could bail out the Oilers a little more often like the goalies on the other teams have been but it's tough to win if you don't score any goals.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Neither goal was on Skinner but when Bob is making 18 high danger saves in a game you have to be perfect as a team.
Team played well enough considering they're getting used to Florida's play style, and agreed that Skinner actually had a solid game overall. Yeah, needs to make a big save, but overall they just capitalized on their chances.

We need to figure out Bob in a massive way tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad