TV: Survivor 46

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Charlie was in full control of the last vote.

I just mean, Q isn't making moves that are allowing him to stay, he's staying at the mercy of Maria and her alliance because they likely view him as a number and someone beatable at the end. I love Q as a character, but his game is incredibly flawed. I love tons of players who probably would never win Coach or Courtney Yates.

Funny fact about Chet, he was basically encouraged by production to make it to tribal in Micronesia since they already lost one player to a quit and were worried about medivacs (Penner and James). If he didn't get voted out that tribal he would have been medivac'd since his feet were actually messed up with an infection.

On the note of Chet, I'm not a big fan of the challenges although I get they are integral to drama and the show, but my all time favorite challenge will always be the reward challenge were Joel almost kills Chet. Even the players watching were horrified.

Q is a great entertaining character, but yeah his game is seemingly non-existent. He hasn't actually made any moves, sure he's lasted when people want him out, but he's just a number.

Chet is actually from the small town where I recently moved from and still work near, any time you mention him to a local who was around to watch Chet's season they all mention this exact moment when he got dragged through the jungle and busted up lol. An older friend of me said that every watch party they had here everyone was just cringing and groaning almost every time he was on screen lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Venus>Q

It's Charlie's or Kenzie's to win, Maria played herself by doing rock,paper, scissors and I am here for it. Just like everyone else on this cast, she is not good at Survivor and has blown countless moments in the power position and when people have approached her. If Kenzie makes it to final 3 she has done the best jury management, but Charlie has played the stronger game
Yup, I think it's Charlie's game. Kenzie seems to be getting lost in the shuffle a little bit, having not been in on the recent moves. After the whole fiasco with Q and Liz it was almost a no-brainer for Maria to be the good guy and take Liz, but the whole shpiel about "im taking the person whose body is breaking down" and then takes the big fit guy who had an Applebee's feast a day before lol.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yup, I think it's Charlie's game. Kenzie seems to be getting lost in the shuffle a little bit, having not been in on the recent moves. After the whole fiasco with Q and Liz it was almost a no-brainer for Maria to be the good guy and take Liz, but the whole shpiel about "im taking the person whose body is breaking down" and then takes the big fit guy who had an Applebee's feast a day before lol.
That move probably single headedly sunk her entire game. Just such a dumb decision lmao. I cant make a decision so I guess just rock paper scissor for it????? Charlie and I guess Kenzie seem like the only half decent capable game players this season. Charlie seems a step above everyone though.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Q is a great entertaining character, but yeah his game is seemingly non-existent. He hasn't actually made any moves, sure he's lasted when people want him out, but he's just a number.

Chet is actually from the small town where I recently moved from and still work near, any time you mention him to a local who was around to watch Chet's season they all mention this exact moment when he got dragged through the jungle and busted up lol. An older friend of me said that every watch party they had here everyone was just cringing and groaning almost every time he was on screen lol.
Chet is a legend. This is hilarious.
Liz actually lost it on twitter. She wasn't even mad about not being taken in this instance (according to her). She just thought Maria's logic was insane and from what she said the two people who really needed food were Ben (who she chose) and Venus (to the extent she shared some of her rice with Venus and Ben).

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Venus>Q

It's Charlie's or Kenzie's to win, Maria played herself by doing rock,paper, scissors and I am here for it. Just like everyone else on this cast, she is not good at Survivor and has blown countless moments in the power position and when people have approached her. If Kenzie makes it to final 3 she has done the best jury management, but Charlie has played the stronger game
Venus was fun, I’ll miss her. I was incredibly bummed that she didn’t cause more chaos with that idol. And that she just missed out on immunity.

I agree with you about Maria, and think Charlie has the best shot now

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I loved how Venus went from hero to zero in the course of the episode. When she first found the idol and said she wouldn't' tell anyone. I thought, wow, finally someone who gets it. That girl is smart!

Then later, she tells Charlie that someone she knows very well may or may not have some kind of advantage that she cannot reveal just yet, because first Charlie hat to be a good boy and vote the way she wants and only then will she... YOU'RE GOING TO GET KICKED OUT RIGHT ABOUT NOW YOU STUPID FOOL! :laugh:

Charlie does seem to be the favorite to win at the moment, but I pretty much always had him as #1 and Maria as #2. And now they are the only ones left who would make ok winners.

Q is a quitter and he isn't respected
Kenzie hasn't done anything worth a mention
Liz : other than complaining about starvation because she doesn't want to eat anything , I don't know what she does
Ben : well, he can name dozens of Metallica songs, there's that

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Maria made one of the dumbest moves in Survivor history. She could have almost guaranteed herself a place in the final three if not a win - instead, she guaranteed herself a loss.

You don't say you're going to pick the people who need food the most, then pick the guy who has eaten better than everyone, and not pick the person who literally begged and pleaded for food and never had a food reward.

She could have been the benevolent hero. Instead, she's the malevolent villain.

Your What the f*** moment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I found the Liz food thing funny again. She made it seem the last reward that she had a special connection to Applebee’s. Does she also have a special connection to Pizza? She could’ve just said she’s bitter she hasn’t gotten any rewards yet, but I still think how she’s acted is pathetic if you want to win the show. She won’t win anyway because she hasn’t played the game, but it’s still stupid gameplay.

Anyway, I don’t like Maria that much the whole season and this episode once again convinced me why. The reward decision I thought was a stupid decision, but even how she talks to Venus is so condescending. Venus isn’t her 8 year old child she’s trying to discipline. She’s an adult. Trying to constantly belittle her because she’s a little young and naive is terrible gameplay and really a turnoff to fans of the show. I hope she doesn’t win.

Still hoping for Charlie or Kenzie. I guess Maria has a shot too, but I still hope they take her out. Q has no shot because he’s so hated. He’s played an okay game aside from the social game. Ben and Liz aren’t playing the game.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I found the Liz food thing funny again. She made it seem the last reward that she had a special connection to Applebee’s. Does she also have a special connection to Pizza? She could’ve just said she’s bitter she hasn’t gotten any rewards yet, but I still think how she’s acted is pathetic if you want to win the show. She won’t win anyway because she hasn’t played the game, but it’s still stupid gameplay.

Anyway, I don’t like Maria that much the whole season and this episode once again convinced me why. The reward decision I thought was a stupid decision, but even how she talks to Venus is so condescending. Venus isn’t her 8 year old child she’s trying to discipline. She’s an adult. Trying to constantly belittle her because she’s a little young and naive is terrible gameplay and really a turnoff to fans of the show. I hope she doesn’t win.

Still hoping for Charlie or Kenzie. I guess Maria has a shot too, but I still hope they take her out. Q has no shot because he’s so hated. He’s played an okay game aside from the social game. Ben and Liz aren’t playing the game.
It's funnier when you remember that Maria is a parent coach

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It was so perfect, maybe too perfect

Might sound strange but I almost think she wanted to go home with the idol. Maybe she is that delusional, but how could she not play the idol after that tribal.

Tiff and Hunter were blindsides, so I can kind of see them not playing their idols (still huge mistakes) but I guess Venus could have been that blind.

I think she will just get off on the idea that she can tell the story that she left with an idol in her pocket. She just seems like that type of person.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Might sound strange but I almost think she wanted to go home with the idol. Maybe she is that delusional, but how could she not play the idol after that tribal.

Tiff and Hunter were blindsides, so I can kind of see them not playing their idols (still huge mistakes) but I guess Venus could have been that blind.

I think she will just get off on the idea that she can tell the story that she left with an idol in her pocket. She just seems like that type of person.
She basically said exactly this during the episode.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

I feel like people in modern Survivor are so obsessed with holding onto idols to make a massive move with it instead of just saving themselves. She apparently claimed that Charlie was the reason she got blindsided with her idol. He convinced her it wasn't her I guess.

I think Maria sunk her game with taking Q on reward for the second time in a row.

I don't see how Q has played an even half-decent game. He's got no strategy, zero social game, and has done pretty poorly in nearly every challenge, despite being a D1 athlete. And on top of that he seems to have zero respect for the game.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Apparently Venus is claiming that she was treated incredibly poorly by everyone in Ponderosa "for no reason". She seems very unaware of how people perceive her shitty attitude toward others.

Soda has come out to openly dispute what Venus was saying and seems to say that Venus' own attitude and behavior is the reason people were ignoring or speaking ill of her.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I can't believe that Q is still here, I don't care for any certain player to win except Q, I would like him gone next.
Seems like he'll be a zero vote finalist, could be a goat to bring along. Can't imagine anyone voting for him to win just because of how unlikeable he is.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad