WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Schmid should still get a look, stupid goals can happen.

Brilliant defensive game today, and the Andrighetto line was way better. Now time to work on the PK and learn to avoid stupid penalties.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, of course, Genoni won't play all games. Pretty sure Schmid gets Great Britain.

It's probably much easier to play on Josis side but I think Glauser shows he's NHL-ready and I wouldn't be surpised if he gets a contract. And Fora was a little bit better today.

Reactions: SwissFan12

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
There was one shift in the first period where Fora had an easy breakout pass but played it one meter behind Jäger who somehow managed to control it and carry it into the offensive zone, then passed it back to Fora at the blue line who let it slide back in the neutral zone, skated back to recover it and then missed Jäger by one meter on the ensuing pass :laugh:

Regarding the goalies, I'd give GB and one of Canada or Finland to Schmid, it's time to see if we have a goalie of the future.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Goalie disucssion ended probably today. Hope Hischier is okay.

Given how Genoni played for us in important game before, yes, the goalie discussion should have been ended way before this year

We have one the best roaster with Canada, Sweden and USA, if we don't makes the semi Fischer should go (even if we make it if you ask me :laugh:)

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Only if there are reasons for it like if Fiala would struggle with his jetlag or Hischiers cut needs some healing.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
What's up with Thürkauf? Awesome season in Switzerland, very good in pre-games, started the tournament on a top line and still nothing on board

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
What's up with Thürkauf? Awesome season in Switzerland, very good in pre-games, started the tournament on a top line and still nothing on board
That often happens to players that they play lights out during season and then play crickets for national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad