Toronto FC: TFC 2024 Season

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I don't suppose tonights game is televised anywhere?
i actually get this on fubo (at least i think i do - i caught the last canadian championship game there). Fubo shows the one soccer content. I predominantly buy it for the premier league.

Honestly though finding toronto FC streams has been pretty easy this season. I have been able to watch full games from my ipad mirrored to my TV. Streams used to be so unreliable and frustrating (in years past), but it's been fine for me so far.

Reactions: ACC1224

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
caught about half of the game yesterday, and i have to say i am impressed with the turn around from last season to this season. Seems like a decent result to take an away point against a team pretty close in the standings.

One thing that i feel is lacking on this roster is a proper striker. I know Prince Owusu wasn't playing yesterday, but i don't think he's anything special. Decent option to have on the squad, but they need a better player that has more skill or pace or technical ability. just something.

I don't really know the team payroll, but have they used up all their DPs? Other than Insigne and Bernadescchi, there's no one else on the roster that's a DP right?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
caught about half of the game yesterday, and i have to say i am impressed with the turn around from last season to this season. Seems like a decent result to take an away point against a team pretty close in the standings.

One thing that i feel is lacking on this roster is a proper striker. I know Prince Owusu wasn't playing yesterday, but i don't think he's anything special. Decent option to have on the squad, but they need a better player that has more skill or pace or technical ability. just something.

I don't really know the team payroll, but have they used up all their DPs? Other than Insigne and Bernadescchi, there's no one else on the roster that's a DP right?
:thumbd: Every time I see this thread bumped, I realize I missed another game.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We outplayed Philly in their own barn despite being shorthanded and should have had 3 points if not for missed point blank scoring opportunities.

Looking forward to having a stronger squad available this weekend.

Richie Laryea is currently the 3rd DP.

However, we can still add a quality striker as a young DP (I believe the player has to be under 23).

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Richie Laryea is currently the 3rd DP.

However, we can still add a quality striker as a young DP (I believe the player has to be under 23).
really?

That's a disappointing choice for a DP. He brings nowhere near the impact that a real DP should bring (and yeah i know he's been injured thus not playing). Also not the best choice on his position alone. We already have 2 wide DP's. Team should have distributed that a bit more evenly across the pitch.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
really?

That's a disappointing choice for a DP. He brings nowhere near the impact that a real DP should bring (and yeah i know he's been injured thus not playing). Also not the best choice on his position alone. We already have 2 wide DP's. Team should have distributed that a bit more evenly across the pitch.
It's an accounting move.

They used TAP to get Osorio off DP, but Laryea's contract is a little too much for him to be paid down right now.

Here's the salary table for cap purposes:

Cap is 5.4M (DPs don't count)

Also keep in mind that this is a transitional DP versus a go-for-it DP. Basically, if Toronto thought they could win, they could acquire space to pay his deal down and then sign another DP. Where TFC is trying to build a better structure and develop depth, it is fine to have a quality back (where Toronto has no depth).

Under Herdman, Toronto has already shown more depth than any point in years, but the closer they get to having cheap options at most positions, the closer they get to being able to have 3 true DPs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad