Prospect Info: The 2023-2024 Prospects Thread Pt. 3

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Lekkerimaki cut from the Sweden squad and a player a year younger Felix Sorum made it. Obviously it's 1 tourney but Lekkerimaki has a lot of maturing to do in his game He's very up and down with consistency.
Sorum made it (so far) because his game can work on a 4th line. Lek is an offensive player more suited for the top 6. They have different skill sets that kept Sorum on the team.

Reactions: wetcoast

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Lekkerimaki cut from the Sweden squad and a player a year younger Felix Sorum made it. Obviously it's 1 tourney but Lekkerimaki has a lot of maturing to do in his game He's very up and down with consistency.

It makes absolutely 0 sense how Sorum made the team, but yet the World Juniors MVP and breakout player of the year in the SHL in Lekkerimacki gets cut .

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Just looking at Sweden's roster and Unger-Sorum is the only guy under 24. So it's not like Lekk got beat out by a bunch of young guys.

But it’s still a really impulsive decision , this reminds me of the 2006 World Juniors when Team
USA cut Bobby Ryan from the main roster less than a year after he was drafted right behind Crosby and destroyed junior hockey ,

I understand the situations are very different , but it still makes 0 sense

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It doesn't shock me that Lekerimakki has been sidelined or the World Hockey Championships.....I figured he'd end up on a taxi squad, rather than being cut altogether.

Looking back, it's kind of too bad the Swedish Hockey officials even invited him to training camp in the first place. He could have learned a lot more just staying in Abbotsford and helping their playoff run.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad