TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART XII

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I'm assuming this is related to Chabot getting wrist surgery, discussed on the radio today? Hate to be the one to break it to you, but teams acquiring players review their medical records. Anyone trading for Chabot will want to have a look at his medical history. There's no way to conceal that from other teams, regardless of whether or not it gets out to fans.
they went on at length.

1) They discussed another key Sen and his history.. And I mean a key Sen.. And they spoke at length about issues, that should be buried.

2) they went on at length about others.

3) Gord Wilson should never have asked about the surgery... Chabot should have had the surgery in secret... The media guys went Giddy thinking they are Woodward and Bernstein and uncovering an issue.

The media needs to be Woodward and Bernstein and uncover other team's issues.. and hide ours.

I am hoping you remember Jason York.. Yes, team owner's Jeff York's Brother... He spoke at length about how easy it is to pass physicals!!! he played two years at the end on a shot shoulder.

And so yes, medical records are shared... extensive play by play details on the last 10 years of a player, is NOT.

And so.. DO NOT DO ANYONE favours... DO NOT go on at length so that scouts in the area get a play by play analysis of a player. DO NOT PASS ON TO OTHERS (Hello Darren Dreger, et all)

CRITISIZE owners.. not players...... Unearth stuff on owners, not players.... The sun needs to shine out of their asses, if we are hoping to maximize on a trade.

Both media and Sens personnel need to be Propaganda Machines. A player who has injury histories should be Hail. A player who has other issues, should be the second coming of Mark Messier.

They asked John Calipari, how does he deals with problem players. His response:
1) If a college kid, you sit his ass down
2) If a pro, you play him a lot and with the best players.. Then you trade him.

we have Chabot, Norris, Chychrun to move on from.. we need the propaganda machine to be in full swing.

That F'ng end of season presser was DUMB. Now we have devalued assets. Two serious injuries and one unhappy camper.. Great, let's get 10 cents on the dollar.

No More talk of injuries, bad play, poor play and so on. The team needs to control this stuff.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
they went on at length.

1) They discussed another key Sen and his history.. And I mean a key Sen.. And they spoke at length about issues, that should be buried.

3) Gord Wilson should never have asked about the surgery... Chabot should have had the surgery in secret... The media guys went Giddy thinking they are Woodward and Bernstein and uncovering an issue.

The media needs to be Woodward and Bernstein and uncover other team's issues.. and hide ours.

I am hoping you remember Jason York.. Yes, team owner's Jeff York's Brother... He spoke at length about how easy it is to pass physicals!!! he played two years at the end on a shot shoulder.

And so yes, medical records are shared... extensive play by play details on the last 10 years of a player, is NOT.

And so.. DO NOT DO ANYONE favours... DO NOT go on at length so that scouts in the area get a play by play analysis of a player. DO NOT PASS ON TO OTHERS (Hello Darren Dreger, et all)

CRITISIZE owners.. not players...... Unearth stuff on owners, not players.... The sun needs to shine out of their asses, if we are hoping to maximize on a trade.

Both media and Sens personnel need to be Propaganda Machines. A player who has injury histories should be Hail. A player who has other issues, should be the second coming of Mark Messier.

we have Chabot, Norris, Chychrun to move on from.. we need the propaganda machine to be in full swing.

That F'ng end of season presser was DUMB. Now we have devalued assets. Two serious injuries and one unhappy camper.. Great, let's get 10 cents on the dollar.

No More talk of injuries, bad play, poor play and so on. The team needs to control this stuff.
Who went on at lenght?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
they went on at length.

The problem was Dohrion giving out massive contract based on potential. This is why it will be next to impossible to move out players without having to eat shit. No team can hide injuries. 20 years ago, sure.

Sanderson, Chabot, Brady, and Norris should have all received Batherson contracts as a bridge. We all know Brady had all of the negotiation power but in the end performance would dictate what is fair value coming out of their bridge deal. Stu is the only one who should of received that big payday coming off their 3rd season.

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
The problem was Dohrion giving out massive contract based on potential. This is why it will be next to impossible to move out players without having to eat shit. No team can hide injuries. 20 years ago, sure.

Sanderson, Chabot, Brady, and Norris should have all received Batherson contracts as a bridge. We all know Brady had all of the negotiation power but in the end performance would dictate what is fair value coming out of their bridge deal. Stu is the only one who should of received that big payday coming off their 3rd season.
Lazuris.. you are back from the dead. How are you son? We missed you.

So, as a hypothetical. Let us say, Tim Stuzzle suffered a knee injury while he played in Manheim at 18.. Surgery. Then the next year, another surgery to correct things.

There will be records, but this is largely unknown to all. The Sens know, Stuzzle knows, his agent.. Media knows that he got injured and may stumble onto the story of surgery. They would never come close to knowing the deeper details.. Not the severity, nor anything else.

So now, the story is buried. If at 26, Tim S. wants out, or we want him out. All the team has to do is turn over medical records. Which, unless they are 600 pages long, and unless Canada and Germany change their privacy laws, would never come close to having extensive details.

And so, the potential trade partner would not really know of the severity of the injury.

Now have Team employees with loose lips, Ottawa media with loose lips. And stories will surface about the injury and its severity. And induce concern and hesitation.

LOOSE LIPS, SINK SHIPS. look at the idiots in Toronto and hounding the Leafs.. f*** yea, now trade them!!!! What Moron is going to take Malcontents and underperformers like, Gaudreau and Huberdeau.. Or fragile flowers like!!!!!!!!!

Batherson, Chabot, Tkachuk, Stuzzle, Norris, Sanderson, Chychrun, Pinto, Creig, Kleven,.. Prized possessions... Keep the shine on them, so that we can get rid of them.

Their injury history, their private lives, their attitude/work habits, need to be protected.

We need the deep truth on others.. not our own.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lazuris.. you are back from the dead. How are you son? We missed you.

So, as a hypothetical. Let us say, Tim Stuzzle suffered a knee injury while he played in Manheim at 18.. Surgery. Then the next year, another surgery to correct things.

There will be records, but this is largely unknown to all. The Sens know, Stuzzle knows, his agent.. Media knows that he got injured and may stumble onto the story of surgery. They would never come close to knowing the deeper details.. Not the severity, nor anything else.

So now, the story is buried. If at 26, Tim S. wants out, or we want him out. All the team has to do is turn over medical records. Which, unless they are 600 pages long, and unless Canada and Germany change their privacy laws, would never come close to having extensive details.

And so, the potential trade partner would not really know of the severity of the injury.

Now have Team employees with loose lips, Ottawa media with loose lips. And stories will surface about the injury and its severity. And induce concern and hesitation.

LOOSE LIPS, SINK SHIPS. look at the idiots in Toronto and hounding the Leafs.. f*** yea, now trade them!!!! What Moron is going to take Malcontents and underperformers like, Gaudreau and Huberdeau.. Or fragile flowers like!!!!!!!!!

Batherson, Chabot, Tkachuk, Stuzzle, Norris, Sanderson, Chychrun, Pinto, Creig, Kleven,.. Prized possessions... Keep the shine on them, so that we can get rid of them.

Their injury history, their private lives, their attitude/work habits, need to be protected.

We need the deep truth on others.. not our own.
They would 100% have the right to know. They would ask to see his medical charts pertaining to the injury, the surgery, rehab, they would do their own evaluation on the player today. If an injury comes back from 7 years ago that's the chance you take. If he gets injured today and a team wants to trade for him tomorrow they will get to see all of the information period. No "hockey insider" is letting the cat out of the bag with their opinion.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
They would 100% have the right to know. They would ask to see his medical charts pertaining to the injury, the surgery, rehab, they would do their own evaluation on the player today. If an injury comes back from 7 years ago that's the chance you take. If he gets injured today and a team wants to trade for him tomorrow they will get to see all of the information period. No "hockey insider" is letting the cat out of the bag with their opinion.
yes, 100% right to know.

Know what? Is it that you expect the Sens to send them a 200 page detailed report. With team Doctors, personal, Doctors, trainers, coaches, fellow players, employees and so.

Be realistic.

It is difficult, if not impossible to track all things. It is difficult, if not impossible to know full truths.

No one is in the room. No one sees a player take 1-2 hours a day prepping for his game or practice. No one sees, the limp he walks with. The bandages. And so forth.

A great deal can be concealed. Cynical, I get you. But the reality is "emptor caveat". Buyer be ware.

You are obliged to tell a potential buyer of your home issues.. You are not obliged to scare him to death and get rid of him. You are not obliged to tell him the next door neighbour has done time for drug selling!!!

The smartest way to run a team is: Cone of silence for both team employees and media.

In fact, it is in a player's best interest to keep info down. I cannot believe that a player's agent isn't all over him, reminding him to not talk to anyone about injuries, being unhappy, complaining, etc.

If an agent wants to get his client an 7 or 8 year x X dollar, when that player is 27 or 28. He needs that player to have a shine on him. He does not need to have a play by play of his issues covering the last 10 years.

If I had an 18 year old son, who appears to be on the path to an NHL career, I am hiding everything. I want to make sure my 28 year old son, gets a 7 or 8 x X. And I can do his team a favour by improving their return on a trade.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
yes, 100% right to know.

Know what? Is it that you expect the Sens to send them a 200 page detailed report. With team Doctors, personal, Doctors, trainers, coaches, fellow players, employees and so.

Be realistic.

It is difficult, if not impossible to track all things. It is difficult, if not impossible to know full truths.

No one is in the room. No one sees a player take 1-2 hours a day prepping for his game or practice. No one sees, the limp he walks with. The bandages. And so forth.

A great deal can be concealed. Cynical, I get you. But the reality is "emptor caveat". Buyer be ware.

You are obliged to tell a potential buyer of your home issues.. You are not obliged to scare him to death and get rid of him. You are not obliged to tell him the next door neighbour has done time for drug selling!!!

The smartest way to run a team is: Cone of silence for both team employees and media.

In fact, it is in a player's best interest to keep info down. I cannot believe that a player's agent isn't all over him, reminding him to not talk to anyone about injuries, being unhappy, complaining, etc.

If an agent wants to get his client an 7 or 8 year x X dollar, when that player is 27 or 28. He needs that player to have a shine on him. He does not need to have a play by play of his issues covering the last 10 years.

If I had an 18 year old son, who appears to be on the path to an NHL career, I am hiding everything. I want to make sure my 28 year old son, gets a 7 or 8 x X. And I can do his team a favour by improving their return on a trade.
You've lost the plot line.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Will the station actually ask the team how much Travis Green makes per yr

Or they just gunna pretend it's not a money thing with this hire ?

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Never seen a writer ask this question of any coach,
Are you going to post this in every thread now.
Would greater transparency not serve to dispel misconceptions surrounding the Ottawa Senators organizational frugality ???

NHL Coaching contract terms like term, salary figures get reported often ...

it's HOW we know :

Paul Maurice get $3.9 million

John Tortorella gets $4,000,000

Jim Montgomery gets $2,000,000

Pete Deboer gets $4,250,000

Peter Laviolette gets $4,900,000

Mike Sullivan gets $5,500,000

Bruce Cassidy gets $4,500,000

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Would greater transparency not serve to dispel misconceptions surrounding the Ottawa Senators organizational frugality ???

NHL Coaching contract terms like term, salary figures get reported often ...

"Often" is a stretch considering that's less than 1/3 of the league. They wouldn't exactly be in the minority by not disclosing it.

The organization doesn't have much to gain from this, imo. They are either viewed as cheap if it's < $2 million or some the vultures will be out in full force if he's making more than a more proven name like Montgomery.

We already know he's currently signed for longer than any other coach in the league which shows a different type of commitment. Just to clarify, not the longest contract because Tourigny and Carberry also got 4(+) years, just the only one signed until 27-28 but I'd imagine Berube and Brindamour will be joining him very shortly.

I don't think the team is gaining as much as you think by releasing a #

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
"Often" is a stretch considering that's less than 1/3 of the league. They wouldn't exactly be in the minority by not disclosing it.

The organization doesn't have much to gain from this, imo. They are either viewed as cheap if it's < $2 million or some the vultures will be out in full force if he's making more than a more proven name like Montgomery.

We already know he's currently signed for longer than any other coach in the league which shows a different type of commitment. Just to clarify, not the longest contract because Tourigny and Carberry also got 4(+) years, just the only one signed until 27-28 but I'd imagine Berube and Brindamour will be joining him very shortly.

I don't think the team is gaining as much as you think by releasing a #
Eugene Melnyk took pride in voicing his cheapness. It is ironic, most humans hide their faults. A cheap bastard will trip over his own feet, telling all how generous he is and giving examples. Whether those examples are false or outright lies.

In 2010, 11, 12, I have forgotten the specifics. He was with Christine Simpson. He spoke openly about having Brian Murray moving on from anyone who wanted money. And in the years afterward, would go public with not wanting to spend.

So, he left a pretty good stain on the franchise and its fanbase.

Now, we are spooked...Any move is "money". The Sens could replace the toilettes at the CTC, and we would want to know if Kholer or American Standard and how much they paid for them.

Money, Money, Money..

Thank you Eugene.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Eugene Melnyk took pride in voicing his cheapness. It is ironic, most humans hide their faults. A cheap bastard will trip over his own feet, telling all how generous he is and giving examples. Whether those examples are false or outright lies.

In 2010, 11, 12, I have forgotten the specifics. He was with Christine Simpson. He spoke openly about having Brian Murray moving on from anyone who wanted money. And in the years afterward, would go public with not wanting to spend.

So, he left a pretty good stain on the franchise and its fanbase.

Now, we are spooked...Any move is "money". The Sens could replace the toilettes at the CTC, and we would want to know if Kholer or American Standard and how much they paid for them.

Money, Money, Money..

Thank you Eugene.
How can Sens achieve 'Best in Class' if it's hesitant to invest in top-tier coaches for its players?

Cutting corners will only take us so far. This has been tried before in Ottawa

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
How can Sens achieve 'Best in Class' if it's hesitant to invest in top-tier coaches for its players?

Cutting corners will only take us so far. This has been tried before in Ottawa
Red old Buddy.. My personal belief, based upon back of the envelope math, is that the Sens lost $20 M this year.

with a coaching staff that probably amassed 2-3 M in salaries.

Now unless something miraculous happens, I feel that the team will miss the playoffs again next year. That fan anger is resurfacing and so the 17,500 plus fans average they had will most likely hold if not drop. And so 2024/2025 will mean another 20 M. Most likely more. So now 4-6 M in coaching.. another 2-3 M to the lose bucket!!!

So, Michael, who dropped 950 M on a purchase, of which some 700m was his share. Of which some 400 M was probably financed. For which he must repay at 30 M a year.. And now adds 20 M in team loses, of which 12 M is his. Making his total tab a cool 42 M. ... Now old Michael has to rethink, best in class...

He will need to be much more humble and start finding ways to squeeze some 10-20 M from expenditures. Otherwise his debt becomes un-manageable.

Once the teams makes the playoffs, his revenue soars and he will have greater latitude. But A must come before B. He has to hope a more stream lined operation achieves success. Makes the playoffs, wins a series.

This season has to have been a nightmare for him and the league. I cannot help but think that all expected a playoff year. So 17,500 is 18,500 and 2-6 home playoff dates. Now the team makes 5-10 M and his net tab is 23 M and not 42 M.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00