Player Discussion The Underrated Brock Boeser

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
That performance was, at least offensively, on par with Ryan Kesler in 2011. Boeser was a one man wrecking crew in Game 4, and made the pass of the season with Game 6 on the line.
You'll probably have more trade Boeser brigaders denouncing that comparison (its a little much but honestly not that far off) rather than just fessing up that they were wrong, and he is a first line winger on a winning team that was slumping due to a horrific tragedy.

Actually it just occurred to me how some people might be slow to change their opinions because of the guilt of being on a guys case during the low point of his life. To that I say, meh. We're sports fans, we're not always logical or using our best emotional IQ. Admit it, Boeser is the answer. We will re-sign him because he is worth it, and worth far more than the equivalent cap space.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You'll probably have more trade Boeser brigaders denouncing that comparison (its a little much but honestly not that far off) rather than just fessing up that they were wrong, and he is a first line winger on a winning team that was slumping due to a horrific tragedy.

Actually it just occurred to me how some people might be slow to change their opinions because of the guilt of being on a guys case during the low point of his life. To that I say, meh. We're sports fans, we're not always logical or using our best emotional IQ. Admit it, Boeser is the answer. We will re-sign him because he is worth it, and worth far more than the equivalent cap space.
You have some weird takes. Boeser had a great series, why would anyone dispute that?

Reactions: Grantham

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
You have some weird takes. Boeser had a great series, why would anyone dispute that?
the people who bashed him endlessly and refuse to let go of wanting to trade him despite all evidence of how dumb of a take it is should give it up. How long until fans accept he is a huge part of this team and virtually untradeable (outside of a stupid offer that's not coming)

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
the people who bashed him endlessly and refuse to let go of wanting to trade him despite all evidence of how dumb of a take it is should give it up. How long until fans accept he is a huge part of this team and virtually untradeable (outside of a stupid offer that's not coming)
Dude you are in a phantom war against nobody.
We all love Boeser. We can also be objective and realize he was fairly subpar the last year or two prior to this season. Both things can be true.

Btw, I agree he has been our best player so far, with Miller and Z not far behind. Keep it up Brock!

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don’t think the people you describe actually exist.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
@MS for one. And I think he's one of the best posters. There are others. But I'll drop it, go Boeser.
Don’t think he’s been that critical of Boeser this season.

I mean if anything you should be pointing at me. I have been talking about the idea of trading him this coming off season but that’s just a based on cap allocation and not because he suvks.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
@MS for one. And I think he's one of the best posters. There are others. But I'll drop it, go Boeser.

He’s been terrific these playoffs. Full credit. And much better in the regular season although his first 30 games really carried his year.

He was also really bad for 3 years in 4. He didn’t compete. It’s amazing what competing can do, and I’ve commented on Boeser’s improved compete umpteen times here.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
He’s been terrific these playoffs. Full credit. And much better in the regular season although his first 30 games really carried his year.

He was also really bad for 3 years in 4. He didn’t compete. It’s amazing what competing can do, and I’ve commented on Boeser’s improved compete umpteen times here.
Boeser was bad last year but I think you are overstating saying 3 of 4 to defend your takes. Boeser was not really bad (nor amazing) in those other 2 years. And to be fair, the whole team was pretty poor and played with very little structure. he is not a Hughes or Pettersson level of skill.

When I see people talk about “compete” in this manner I think it’s less about a players desire, and more that in a proper well drilled structure they know where they need to be and it just looks like they are quicker to the puck because they spend less time second guessing where they or their teammates should be.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Boeser came into the season quicker and in noticeably better condition than prior years and it's made all the difference.

A lot of the Boeser detractors had their mental bar for him set by his rookie season, were never (and still aren't) able to accept that he's a 6.6M player not the 10M player they felt he was going to be in his rookie year, and so their opinion and criticism was and is constantly exaggerated.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Boeser came into the season quicker and in noticeably better condition than prior years and it's made all the difference.

A lot of the Boeser detractors had their mental bar for him set by his rookie season, were never (and still aren't) able to accept that he's a 6.6M player not the 10M player they felt he was going to be in his rookie year, and so their opinion and criticism was and is constantly exaggerated.
Yeah he did come into the season on fire. And then that disappeared for Feb/Mar, with a noticeable lazy defensive read against the Kings resulting in a horrendous goal against. He slumped at the perfect time, and thank god he's back because we would've been toast with both him and Pettersson MIA.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Big game player:

"Earned NCAA Frozen Four All-Tournament Team honors after collecting one goal and five assists with a plus-7 rating in two games … Had the game-winning goal and three assists with a plus-4 rating in the national championship game, a 5-1 win over top-ranked Quinnipiac."

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I never thought that Boeser played as poorly as some people claimed, except maybe for the 21/22 season. I considered his contract to be fair. Last year he probably played a bit below his cap hit, this year he definitely played above it but I also think that Lady Luck was a little kinder to him this season compared to the previous two seasons.

Very impressed with his play in these playoffs.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Boeser silencing the doubters again with a natural hattrick today. Literally the conn smythe favourite if the Canucks go the distance, and Boeser keeps giving us a chance to do it.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark