Tribute Timothy Liljegren part 2

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He struggled under Keefe too. He’s just not a top 4 guy… At least at this point in his career. Berube isn’t Lilly’s only issue
Is he even a consistent top 6 guy?

Seems like a fringe NHLer to me. I would be seriously considering putting him in a package that could net you an upgrade on the blueline, hoping that someone bites at his 1st round pedigree / possible potential due to his age. I personally don't see it with him.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Remember him and Sandin wheeling the puck around in preseason like seasoned pros, we were going to have such a talented, mobile d group to go with our great forward group. Good times.

Reactions: arso40

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
A tough decision will need to be made. There could very well be a scenario where Liljegren is traded and does well elsewhere but there could be a scenario where he tops out as a third pair defenceman on a contender at best. I would guess scenario two is more likely. If I had to choose between keeping Liljegren or re-signing Lyubushkin today in terms of who will help me more right now, I’m probably picking Lyubushkin. Don’t see how you can keep both of them making 2/3rds of your right side and think you’re a real contender IMO.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A tough decision will need to be made. There could very well be a scenario where Liljegren is traded and does well elsewhere but there could be a scenario where he tops out as a third pair defenceman on a contender at best. I would guess scenario two is more likely. If I had to choose between keeping Liljegren or re-signing Lyubushkin today in terms of who will help me more right now, I’m probably picking Lyubushkin. Don’t see how you can keep both of them making 2/3rds of your right side and think you’re a real contender IMO.
It's not a very tough decision, he got drowned by the Bruins this last series, and has been a healthy scratch the majority of the other playoff runs.

You really don't want this guy in your lineup for any sort of intense and physical hockey, we got a few guys in the lineup who need to go because of this and Liljgren's one of the easiest to cut bait on, it's a no brainer. Atleast there's some comedy in it, go read about the calculator-wielding nitwits who spazzed about trading for Lyubushkin when we had the allegedly superior Timothy LIljegren to play in the top-4 instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad