Confirmed with Link: Tomas Hertl 17% retained, 2025 3rd, 2027 3rd to Vegas for C David Edstrom, 2025 1st

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I think if he scores 10000 points next year it might have an effect on where they finish in the standings, lol

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I’d wait until next season to judge it, full off season of healing and having a set spot on the line up Hertl is probably in that 70-80 pint range on that knights team
For sure man. Hertl is totally going to drop a career high point total at age 31 coming off another injury plagued season. I'm sure he'll stay in that 70-80 point range - a total he has reached once in his 11-year career - for the 5 years on his contract after that as well.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Not if he scores them all in one game.

Maybe he can do it against Binnington.
correct-futurama.gif

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I really dont see Hertl as anything more than a 60-70 point player. I wish him individually the best but I really dont care much. By the time I do he will be on the last few years of his career following Stone around waiting for the playoffs to start.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
We definitely have to wait to judge, no question, but Hertl can get 10000 points next year and that won't matter to the trade. What matters is where Vegas finishes (and how Edstrom pans out).
In the playoffs I think that’s a given so it’ll be a real late pick. Edstrom from what I’ve been reading at best is a 3c but most projections have him as a tweener 3/4

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
For sure man. Hertl is totally going to drop a career high point total at age 31 coming off another injury plagued season. I'm sure he'll stay in that 70-80 point range - a total he has reached once in his 11-year career - for the 5 years on his contract after that as well.
Oh yeah my bad never in the history of sports has a player who was injured but in thier physical prime been traded from the worst team in the league to a top 10 team in the league heal up completely in the offseason and comeback have a career resurgence. Most predictable thing about you is lack any integrity to admit you’re wrong

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
With the injury history Hertl has, he is perfect LTIR player for their system. When Stone is healthy Hertl will go LTIR, vice versa and maybe even both. Okay that probably sounded pretty cynic, but I will be interested to watch around the next year trade deadline.
Next year they'll have the excuse that it's not Mark Stone this time.
I hope they don't do it, but if it happens it's too obvious.

Reactions: themelkman

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
All of a sudden, I really really miss Hertl.

Imagine having Hertl (even with his long contract) to insulate Celebrini and Smith now that Couture's status is so up in air. I suppose we could go out and get Duchene, Elias Lindholm, or Sam Reinhart in free agency. There's also Pavs if he doesn't retire. We just don't have veteran leadership at Center, and there is a chance that Celebrini will just take the reins and succeed but that is so counter to the way we as an organization have done things for the longest time.

Eklund - Hertl - Celebrini

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
All of a sudden, I really really miss Hertl.

Imagine having Hertl (even with his long contract) to insulate Celebrini and Smith now that Couture's status is so up in air. I suppose we could go out and get Duchene, Elias Lindholm, or Sam Reinhart in free agency. There's also Pavs if he doesn't retire. We just don't have veteran leadership at Center, and there is a chance that Celebrini will just take the reins and succeed but that is so counter to the way we as an organization have done things for the longest time.

Eklund - Hertl - Celebrini

By the time we’re competitive again Hertl’s contract will be nothing more than another boat anchor like Vlasic’s currently is and he’d be a very overpaid bottom six player playing a complimentary role. Trading him was the right move. Actually trading him prior to the extension was the right move. We’re a couple of years away from being in position to sign impact players to 6+ year contracts

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
To be snake bitten he needs to start shooting the puck. He is making Thornton's usual shot count look like a shooting center.
No one is really shooting the puck in Dallas except Johnson and Sequin. Colorado is definitely making Joe look like he's skating in molasses, but he' too clutch a player to be held this quiet forever.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
No one is really shooting the puck in Dallas except Johnson and Sequin. Colorado is definitely making Joe look like he's skating in molasses, but he' too clutch a player to be held this quiet forever.
He was going to get old eventually, because he didn’t look good in the Vegas series either. That being said he historically is usually great for 7 total games in the playoffs so he is due

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad