Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Are all Montreal fans this bad? A part of me feels like they are trolling us from their main board.
Keep in mind as well, those of us who have engaged with Anaheim fans about this, pretty much get to understand their POV (ie, there's no reason to think he'll be moved, and if ever he is moved, the price will be very steep, as it should be for a core piece from any team).... and after that, we often stay away from these threads afterwards, since really all they do is add fake smoke to a non-existent fire (ie, make people think Zegras is available and Anaheim fans are anxious to move him).

I do get how frustrating it has to be. I spend a lot of time on Twitter reminding Habs fans we won't get a young, high end talent for a couple of seconds and whichever young D they dislike.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don't think this is accurate. I think the Ducks are open to a Zegras trade but more of a 1/1 trade where they add to another area of team need but someone with Zegras's pedigree and already in the NHL.

Not a fan opinion. From P Lebrun who is respected. I think this is the accurate description of the situation.

The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras. My understanding is they haven't phoned a single team and brought up his name,” LeBrun told TSN's Jay Onrait. “This is other teams because it's been out there, picking up the phone and saying 'What's going on here? ' and the Ducks haven't hung up.”
interesting that you ignored the actual important part of that quote. That Pat hasn't phoned a single team and brought him up. Of course he listens to offers, that's what a GM does. But I guess ignoring the actual relevant part of that quote wouldn't help you push the narrative you want to push.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
interesting that you ignored the actual important part of that quote. That Pat hasn't phoned a single team and brought him up. Of course he listens to offers, that's what a GM does. But I guess ignoring the actual relevant part of that quote wouldn't help you push the narrative you want to push.

Who said I ignored that? :loony:

You're drawing incorrect conclusions and trying to use it against me. You don't have good comprehension skills because you are looking for a fight. Don't worry, you are not alone.

I agree with everything Lebrun said. EVERYTHING. Not sure how else you can comprehend it any other way. I pushed the Lebrun narrative bud.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Who said I ignored that? :loony:

You're drawing incorrect conclusions and trying to use it against me. You don't have good comprehension skills because you are looking for a fight. Don't worry, you are not alone.

I agree with everything Lebrun said. EVERYTHING. Not sure how else you can comprehend it any other way. I pushed the Lebrun narrative bud.
Yet you bold the only part of the quote suggesting Ducks might trade zegras. You’re still trying to push the narrative theyll trade him.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
If not Jiricek, one of the top young D prospects in the world, then what?
Not Z. Now if Columbus wants to talk about Anaheim's logjam of LHD(+) then I'm sure PV would be happy to take the call & see if something could be worked out.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Not Z. Now if Columbus wants to talk about Anaheim's logjam of LHD(+) then I'm sure PV would be happy to take the call & see if something could be worked out.
Got something of that of their own. One big reason I'm baffled by anyone who projects Columbus to take a LHD with their top-6 pick this year. But no, Jiricek would not be on the table, nor should Columbus be sniffing around Zegras anyway when they've already got extremely similar profile players in Kent Johnson and Johnny Gaudreau on the roster.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Got something of that of their own.
Good enough. I really had no idea of CBJ's requirements & the Ducks will have too many good LHD prospects/players fairly soon, 'someone' will most likely be traded reasonably soon. Thus the 'PV would be willing to talk...'

Reactions: squashmaple

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad