Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Imagine if we didnt trade for Lindholm?

The amount of scrutiny that EP40 would be getting right now would be 100x worse.

Having Lindholm has somewhat let the Canucks absorb the fact that Petey isnt himself at the moment and is not helping the team much.

I think they gotta do whatever it takes to keep this guy.

1-2-3 down the middle of Miller, Pettersson, Lindholm should be the backbone of this team moving forward for years to come.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The effects of this trade are on full display this series.

On one hand, Lindholm has come as advertised since his return from injury.

On the other hand.... teams winger depth has been gutted. Pettersson has continued to fall off, and even with a fully healthy roster, the best choices the Nucks have to bring in, are either a guy with zero career goals, or a guy with zero goals on the season.

We all waited patiently for a follow up move, thinking there's no way we head into the playoffs as such, but yea, that never happened.

Hard to be excited about the deadline no matter how good Lindholm plays, as the impacts have been largely lateral. Still should be enough to beat EDM though, cuz Oilers fuggin suck.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Imagine if we didnt trade for Lindholm?

The amount of scrutiny that EP40 would be getting right now would be 100x worse.

Having Lindholm has somewhat let the Canucks absorb the fact that Petey isnt himself at the moment and is not helping the team much.

I think they gotta do whatever it takes to keep this guy.

1-2-3 down the middle of Miller, Pettersson, Lindholm should be the backbone of this team moving forward for years to come.
Would you sign him for 8x8?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Would you sign him for 8x8?

He'd be 29 at the start of that contract....hmmm I dont know if id go 8 yrs.

Although Lindholm plays a game that will age well imo. He doesnt rely on speed or physicality to be good at what hes good at.

With the cap going up, i dont think id have an issue with going something 6/7 yrs @ 8 mil

He has stated how much he and his family have loved Vancouver (the city) though and with the Swedish foundation within the org i think we can get abig of a discount,

Maybe something like 7x7.5 .... that would be amazing.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He'd be 29 at the start of that contract....hmmm I dont know if id go 8 yrs.

Although Lindholm plays a game that will age well imo. He doesnt rely on speed or physicality to be good at what hes good at.

With the cap going up, i dont think id have an issue with going something 6/7 yrs @ 8 mil

He has stated how much he and his family have loved Vancouver (the city) though and with the Swedish foundation within the org i think we can get abig of a discount,

Maybe something like 7x7.5 .... that would be amazing.

Lindholm would have to play ball a bit to stay but I agree he should be a priority.

Hes added so much, and having another highend C like that really helps set us up for a true contention window the next 3-4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad