Vegas about to circumvent cap again? UPD: Mark Stone back practicing.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think Vegas might have some tough times coming. They have a lot of injury prone guys on long, big money deals and their core isn’t getting any younger. I’m curious how they maneuver the next 5 years or so.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Stone ended up with 0 points at five-on-five and was -2 for the series. Not a single assist all series which is shocking coming from him.

He was obviously still too injured to play, came back too soon, and it’s no wonder why the league was okay with this because he was obviously injured.

Even if there was no salary cap, no team would play him during the regular season when he hasn’t recovered yet. They certainly wouldn’t refuse to make trades at the deadline just to make some haters happy.

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Why do people keep parroting this dumb narrative that the Salary Cap was for Cost Certainty only? Yeh that’s ONE benefit of the salary cap amongst others, but parity was also a goal. As officially stated by the NHL and as enjoyed by any small market team that found they couldn’t compete financially before the salary cap was introduced.
Don't you think it defeats the purpose of the alleged intent, parity, when teams circumvent the cap to gain an advantage over other teams ?

It's unfair if big market teams spend more money than others but it's totally fair if teams circumvent the cap to spend more money than others ?

Why have a cap at all when teams just abuse a loophole to gain an unfair advantage ?

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don't you think it defeats the purpose of the alleged intent, parity, when teams circumvent the cap to gain an advantage over other teams ?

It's unfair if big market teams spend more money than others but it's totally fair if teams circumvent the cap to spend more money than others ?

Why have a cap at all when teams just abuse a loophole to gain an unfair advantage ?
Yes. Yes. And yes. I do think circumventing the Cap, cap cheating, is an unfair advantage.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad