OT: Video Games VI

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I've never tried to mod anything, from what I see Bethesda is cracking down on mods and that was one of the latest updates to Fallout 4.

I'm enjoying the original NV, I had gotten sick of always looking for ammo but this game if you can get past that is actually quite fun. I just VATS and headshot everything now

oh, forgot to mention this game crashes constantly
Admittedly not a fan of ammo scarcity.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
My recommendation: don’t play The Last of Us on the harder difficulties if that’s a (warranted) beef of yours. Materials and ammo are tough to come by.

Haven't played the 2nd one. But I played the first one on my PS3 when it came out. It is quite possibly my favorite game of the 2010s. I'm sure i didn't play it on hard. I would've given up on the game if I had to think about saving ammo.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Haven't played the 2nd one. But I played the first one on my PS3 when it came out. It is quite possibly my favorite game of the 2010s. I'm sure i didn't play it on hard. I wouldn't given up on the game if I had to think about saving ammo.
I tried playing it on the hardest difficulty after I beat it and I got frustrated after an hour or so. I think I ran around for 30 minutes hiding from infected trying to find bullets without success and said f*** it.

• Haha
Reactions: tycoonheart

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Any must have Fallout 4 pc mods?
The last time I seriously modded and played the game was several years ago. (All I did recently was, on a whim, update a bunch of the mods that were already in my mod manager and load a couple of saved games to see if everything still worked.) A lot of the ones I have haven't been updated in years, and have probably been replaced with new favorites, but I haven't really done the research. Your best bet is just to search for "How to Mod Fallout 4 PC in 2024" and that'll set you straight.

Regarding Bethesda clamping down on mods. I don't know what the mod situation is for consoles (which I'm assuming is where they're clamping down?). I guess everything has to go through Bethesda's in-game mod marketplace or something like that?

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
I was running low on ammo during the last missions of fallout 3 which was lame. how else am I supposed to beat this level.
Maybe it's only because I compulsively loot every bit of valuable scrap I can find, but I can't remember ever having to worry significantly about ammo in a fallout game past the first couple hours. Even with the rarer ammo types, once you're swimming in caps you can just jump back and forth between the vendors that sell it to stock up.

Sep 19, 2008
Maybe it's only because I compulsively loot every bit of valuable scrap I can find, but I can't remember ever having to worry significantly about ammo in a fallout game past the first couple hours. Even with the rarer ammo types, once you're swimming in caps you can just jump back and forth between the vendors that sell it to stock up.
It happened again last night in fallout new Vegas

ugh

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
1714751586323.png

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Install WeMod and toggle infinite ammo!

feb721be-a92d-47f9-a680-4e389d4c0624-gif.7816031
If you're talking about Fallout you don't even need mods to do that, you can just add ammo by console commands if you really need it. You just need the item ID for each ammo type, which are all on the fallout wiki. If you want 10,000 alien power cells for example, it's as simple as hitting ~ to open the console and then typing "player.additem 00029364 10000". I used the console a lot when I got into settlement building and didn't feel like stopping constantly to buy more crafting components.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
If you're talking about Fallout you don't even need mods to do that, you can just add ammo by console commands if you really need it. You just need the item ID for each ammo type, which are all on the fallout wiki. If you want 10,000 alien power cells for example, it's as simple as hitting ~ to open the console and then typing "player.additem 00029364 10000". I used the console a lot when I got into settlement building and didn't feel like stopping constantly to buy more crafting components.
I just use kill command in console or unlock

I'm trying to use it less because I need the xp but sometimes I'm out of ammo and have no choice

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
TLOU 2 has advanced difficulty sliders so you can set the resource scarcity. I loved that feature.

There was also a button that made resources stand out in the environment. It was for disabled folks, but I used it so I wouldn't have to check every surface of every room.

Reactions: shtorm2005

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Good job from Helldivers community!

Nice. Even though I do have a PS5 account I puzzled trying to connect it in one go.

Finally started some quickplay. Probably my best pub go around for a couple of hours with some what I suspect were russian gamers and had a lot of phone. Also a few with Chinese gamers I just had to watch them on the map they would play like no one existed as far as objectives so had to keep an eye on the map.

Reactions: shtorm2005

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Nice. Even though I do have a PS5 account I puzzled trying to connect it in one go.

Finally started some quickplay. Probably my best pub go around for a couple of hours with some what I suspect were russian gamers and had a lot of phone. Also a few with Chinese gamers I just had to watch them on the map they would play like no one existed as far as objectives so had to keep an eye on the map.
Weird decision from Sony. Just cancel the game for people in 170 countries who can't make an account in Playstation Network.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Joining late to the community but seems like it was a make or break decision on the game.
Apparently the develop did fess up that they didn't require the sign ups on start even though knowing that down the road they would be. That said the game became popular enough the fans won.

Remarkably a pretty international game along with Eve Online.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad