WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Fkn hate that the national games aint free to watch. Tv6 is a pay channel as of 2021( 4%of all viewers). The asshats at Nent group and viasat could at least make it streemable and fill the intermissions with only commersials to pay some of it. The watchers who allready pay can get the uptalk and between talk after talk and interviews . I understand they only care about money but this will hurt Swedish hockey in the long run.

I will "watch" this WC through radio and etch a sketch the game in my head. Adn watch the highlight the day after.
They wouldn’t be free if SVT aired them either.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
They wouldn’t be free if SVT aired them either.
When all taxpayers pay you would not even notice. And waaaay more people would and could watch. And that should be the goal for hockey and national hockey. To grow the sport. Get as many involved as possible.

When Skies went to Viasast from Svt the viewing rate became half. People who used to watch just didt give a crap anymore. Same probably true with WC.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
When all taxpayers pay you would not even notice. And waaaay more people would and could watch. And that should be the goal for hockey and national hockey. To grow the sport. Get as many involved as possible.

When Skies went to Viasast from Svt the viewing rate became half. People who used to watch just didt give a crap anymore. Same probably true with WC.
The point is nothing’s ever free. In a larger sense I feel like all sports have gotten to a point where people are no longer willing to pay what they are charging. Our taxmoney isn’t going to solve that because there are way too many people that don’t want their taxmoney floating that bill.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I just dont understand why Linus limpan Johansson is on the team. Yes, he is gritty but so are Lindberg, Ejdsell, De la Rose, Pär Lindholm, Ehn, Bristedt, Ryfors, Wingerli, Vejdemo etc while being better at everything else. Everytime Johansson gets the puck it dies and we get pinched in our own zone. He is Joakim Nordström 2.0

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The point is nothing’s ever free. In a larger sense I feel like all sports have gotten to a point where people are no longer willing to pay what they are charging. Our taxmoney isn’t going to solve that because there are way too many people that don’t want their taxmoney floating that bill.
I just want national hockey to reach as many as possible. Like it is right now that aint the case.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
In general Sweden has looked great, but I'm not very impressed with Swedens "PP1"...

It becomes very wierd when you have Raymond (rightie) as the bumper and the main playmaker is on the left hand side.

If they want to keep the same units, they should change so that Raymond is net-front / just to the side of the goal, and have Eriksson Ek as the bumper.

Then Karlsson have options of Hedman, Kempe and Eriksson EK as one timer options as well as Raymond as a downlow option.

Reactions: Poiquets

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
In general Sweden has looked great, but I'm not very impressed with Swedens "PP1"...

It becomes very wierd when you have Raymond (rightie) as the bumper and the main playmaker is on the left hand side.

If they want to keep the same units, they should change so that Raymond is net-front / just to the side of the goal, and have Eriksson Ek as the bumper.

Then Karlsson have options of Hedman, Kempe and Eriksson EK as one timer options as well as Raymond as a downlow option.
Would go with Karlsson as a single point man and slot in FUS!

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall

What do we get for your tax money... nothing... so may aswell give us sport.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
What do we get for your tax money... nothing... so may aswell give us sport.
That’s not true, we got a LOT of stuff from the middle east ten or so years ago but they seem to have pulled the plug on that project now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Back to Ground Zero:

Thomas Harley get a massive raise, Nichushkin is successful in getting rid of addiction and Landeskog enters.

And the teammates forgive him. Val.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is it really a good idea to run Hedman Karlsson on pp1? They’re getting nothing out of Raymond this way.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No I think they should split it up. Have Hedman focus on PK1 and have Karlsson PP1 and Dahlin PP2.

Karlsson
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund

Dahlin
Olofsson - Johansson - Burakovsky
Grundström
I think so too. I get that they might be feeling it’s a waste not to use Hedman on the powerplay, but if it means making Karlsson way less effective and Raymond damn near meaningless you have to consider it.

Reactions: weklof

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How did Ersson look? .. I'm very curious how he will be next season again with Philly
Pretty good. Had a few nice saves when Sweden let up 2 on 1s no real mistakes. Considering how hard it is to play for a goalie when you have nothing to do his performance was really good. Defence let him down on the goal.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Cap hits (this season, raises are bigger on Can and USA than Sweden):

Team Canada = 85
Team USA = 85

Team Sweden 72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad