Post-Game Talk: WCQF- Game 4 YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS hosing the deranged oreo dolphins 28 APR 2024, 1600 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don’t really but that Vancouver without Demko is that much better than us. Don’t forget half the team was on the trade block going into the season. The most frustrating thing to me is this breakdown came on the backs of our supposedly trustworthy vets and the coaches favorite line. For all the top of how young guys played their way out of the lineup due to a lack of consistency the staff sure seems to let some guys get away with it.

Reactions: Southstarpreds

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I don’t really but that Vancouver without Demko is that much better than us. Don’t forget half the team was on the trade block going into the season. The most frustrating thing to me is this breakdown came on the backs of our supposedly trustworthy vets and the coaches favorite line. For all the top of how young guys played their way out of the lineup due to a lack of consistency the staff sure seems to let some guys get away with it.
Vancouver was a charmed team this year. They are due for a predictable Kraken-esque drop when their percentages normalize next season, although they're still probably a playoff team. That said, they have more to offer on paper than the Preds.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
“We're a pretty honest group,” Predators Captain Roman Josi said. “We felt like we played a really good game for 55 minutes and we just didn't get the win. And that's just what happens sometimes. But it's a 3-1 series, we're going on the road and we need to win one on the road. We've done it before, and I think our game is in a good place, so we’ll go there, win one and see what happens.”

That's a very frustrating quote from our captain. How about, "That was an absolutely unacceptable defensive collapse from multiple members of our team. As captain, certainly a large part of the responsibility is on me. I can't take it back, but I can make sure we make better decisions in the future."

Or at least something other than "Oh well...what's everyone over-reacting for?"

He's probably right, we probably will manage to win one. And then we'll lose the series 4-2 like we have 85% of our playoff series.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
“We're a pretty honest group,” Predators Captain Roman Josi said. “We felt like we played a really good game for 55 minutes and we just didn't get the win. And that's just what happens sometimes. But it's a 3-1 series, we're going on the road and we need to win one on the road. We've done it before, and I think our game is in a good place, so we’ll go there, win one and see what happens.”

That's a very frustrating quote from our captain. How about, "That was an absolutely unacceptable defensive collapse from multiple members of our team. As captain, certainly a large part of the responsibility is on me. I can't take it back, but I can make sure we make better decisions in the future."

Or at least something other than "Oh well...what's everyone over-reacting for?"

He's probably right, we probably will manage to win one. And then we'll lose the series 4-2 like we have 85% of our playoff series.
Especially with him having the puck on his stick and a chance to clear/ice the game late. Feels like there are some mentality issues that are going to be lurking around this team until he retires, since we know they won't change the C.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I guarantee Josi along with the rest of the team feels awful right now. He may think with another game coming in two days it's not the best idea to dwell on it. Or maybe he doesn't want to call people out in public. Or maybe he just doesn't really care that much about quotes in the media. I wouldn't read too much into it.

In the end it's about leading by example.. and the leader many hold in such high regard (ROR) for holding others accountable can share plenty of the blame today, post game quotes aside.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Has anyone tried telling Saros it's easier to save the pucks if you're NOT on your belly most of the time?

Also, Sissons and Jankowski had a 2-on-1 against an EN and couldn't score...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad