• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Expecting a monster performance from Rantanen, after a Finnish journalist called him out (and MacK and Makar) for disappearing in the last 3 games.

No, it was not Lehky's dad this time.
I'm surprised there's a journalist who watches. Wait, I take it back, I guess you can say that based on stats only.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's the Avs turn to win three in a row, right?

Right!?!

tumblr_p46jbrTeWD1qa54eno1_1280.gif

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Dallas is going to lose to Edmonton in the semi final.

They're going to be so unused to playing playoff hockey after having two weeks off since the Vegas series.

I said after game 1 this was too much like the OT win vs Vegas where the Avs got taken out in 4 straight.

But there were some hard fought losses in 2021.

This reminds me more of 2020. That's the last time I remember thinking there's no way they have a path to winning this one.

Everyone talks about the team needing to make changes and adjustments. They also need to look in the mirror.

Change your expectations. For the next 5 years be happy they win a round and are a tough out in the second, assuming they make it.

After that it's be happy they make the playoffs and wait for the MacK jersey retirement night to remember the 2019 to 2024 window where the team gave us hope they could win it all.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This team is so ridiculous. They know nobody believes the illness bullshit about Toews but will shamelessly push that line and make it their formal stance. Anything to avoid the NHL coming down on them for playing a guy with clear concussion symptoms.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
This team is so ridiculous. They know nobody believes the illness bullshit about Toews but will shamelessly push that line and make it their formal stance. Anything to avoid the NHL coming down on them for playing a guy with clear concussion symptoms.
An Avs classic: Throw a guy back out there no matter what and then conveniently they get sick a few days later.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Woah an actual injury to Dallas. Let's not get too crazy now.

Can't wait to hear all the injury excuses from our team after tonight. Rantanen is probably playing with a broken pelvis at this rate with the way he's moving these days.

Duchene should also laugh in Mackinnons face at the handshake line in spite. As you can tell the last few days worth of news still stings.

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
An Avs classic: Throw a guy back out there no matter what and then conveniently they get sick a few days later.
The one that kills me the most is when Byram clearly got concussed, finished the game, and was then out for months. A kid with known concussion issues...

Reactions: The Moops

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bummer. I was hoping they took out both Hintz and Tanev, but only ended up with Hintz.

Gotta soften this team up for Vancouver and our boy big Z.
And from the way Stars fans have been talking, Hintz hasn't even been all that good for them, as in he's clearly been battling something that's hampered him.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The one that kills me the most is when Byram clearly got concussed, finished the game, and was then out for months. A kid with known concussion issues...

I wonder how much they lean on the player being honest about their symptoms in these situations. Byram is 100% the kind of kid to go back out there when he's still seeing two of everything.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I wonder how much they lean on the player being honest about their symptoms in these situations. Byram is 100% the kind of kid to go back out there when he's still seeing two of everything.

Toews isn't that type. I'm 99% sure he told the team he was seeing stars and they told him to suck it up, they need him, blah blah blah. This is the Avs mafia. "We just gave you a huge contract extension, we're down players already, we need you, let's go Devon"

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO it doesn't matter, the job of the trainers and doctors is to protect the player's from themselves. The Avs are so bipolar about this stuff... will throw guys right back out there, but then wait months and even over wait (see Mueller's case) when issues are there. Tin foil hat, maybe that is contract insurance related.

Reactions: Ararana

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Jesus some of the Stars fans on the main board are weird.

Like they're arguing that them not having Hintz tonight is "basically the same as the Avs not having Nichushkin"...and uh...it's not.

If Hintz were playing like his usual self, then yeah, maybe, but he hadn't been, and meanwhile we all know what Nichushkin does for this lineup. It's not the same. But sure, we're the delusional ones lol

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO

Like they're arguing that them not having Hintz tonight is "basically the same as the Avs not having Nichushkin"...and uh...it's not.

If Hintz were playing like his usual self, then yeah, maybe, but he hadn't been, and meanwhile we all know what Nichushkin does for this lineup. It's not the same. But sure, we're the delusional ones lol
I haven't read it yet but I'm guessing it was the one Stars fan who is so condescending and mega Homer haha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

IDK Hintz certainly hasn't been his norm... but he occupies one of the most important positions on the ice and he's been unlucky quite a bit in the playoffs. He's a huge loss for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad