GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Incorrect. Are you on X? The sheer hordes of Canucks fans crying for blood over McDavid's muffin swing takes the cake, and any future cake that may come out of the oven for the rest of the series.

There's your problem. You shouldn't be on Twitter, honestly you probably shouldn't be on here either, but Twitter is especially terrible.

HF is for hockey fans to talk about hockey, Twitter is for human beings to contribute to a lot of things they don't know much about.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Oilers ownership and management sure doesn't mind the fans only blaming the players, as long as they keep their jobs and jerseys keep selling.
I don't get how Oilers management got away with opting for Skinner without getting him any help before the deadline. Regardless of what happens in this series.

There would be ticket boycotts in Vancouver if managements actual plan was to go with Spencer Martin and Colin Delia for a playoff run.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I would love to see a serious example of this. I can guarantee that is either 1-2 crazy fans or a bad joke.

I honestly find the conspiracy theories that are being spouted by nucks fan much more hilarious.

Doesn't sound like a "bad joke" to me.

And what conspiracy theory? I made no mention whatsoever of ref favoritism or anything. My post is simply pointing out both fanbases are going to extremes and it's comical to try and pretend it's only one, be it the Canucks or Oilers.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So once we're stripping out the trolling Canucks fans, we're probably looking at 1% of Oilers fans predicting them to lose the series, and about 50% predicting a cakewalk (4 or 5 games), another 45% saying 6, and a small fraction thinking the Oilers would need 7 to dispose of the Canucks. Seems like what I was saying was correct? Competitive series means a fairly substantial amount can envision their team losing.

Let alone the Oilers and national media. I can't help but cackle at the Daily Faceoff podcast with the Oilers fanboy and Seravalli who just can't stomach that they were totally wrong in underestimating the Canucks.

Math much? Once you remove the trolling Canuck fans who voted for a Vancouver victory, the 60% of Oiler fans who predicted we would win in 6 or 7 goes UP as a relative percentage not down.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
That has to do more with Soucy’s deployment. I think he’s still positive in GF/GA. I don’t think Hughes or Zadarov would do better in the same deployment ie collapsing and protect defense.
Hughes would be fine. It's more so Hronek that would be the issue. Hronek just fumbles the puck too much anytime Quinn passes it to him. Easy breakouts turn into shifts in the defensive zone because Hronek can't make efficient outlet passes. Last series the Preds basically sent two forecheckers at Hughes because Hronek wasn't taking advantage of open space and time.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Hughes would be fine. It's more so Hronek that would be the issue. Hronek just fumbles the puck too much anytime Quinn passes it to him. Easy breakouts turn into shifts in the defensive zone because Hronek can't make efficient outlet passes. Last series the Preds basically sent two forecheckers at Hughes because Hronek wasn't taking advantage of open space and time.
Hughes is great in transition defense but he’s not as good as Soucy at boxing out and taking the body. There’s a reason Soucy takes all those deployments.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Exactly. The bickering about conspiracies and suspensions is tiring. The game won’t be decided here or in the press. It will be decided on the ice.

But I thought it was already decided that Pickard is the better goalie so the Canucks will lose.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017

Doesn't sound like a "bad joke" to me.

And what conspiracy theory? I made no mention whatsoever of ref favoritism or anything. My post is simply pointing out both fanbases are going to extremes and it's comical to try and pretend it's only one, be it the Canucks or Oilers.
Its a defense mechanism to deflect after talking copious amounts of trash prior to being humbled by the results so far.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad