Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wonder if Pettersson looks in the mirror and still says he won't stick around if the team isn't competitive

Without any irony

4 points. A -2 and absolutely invisible throughout almost every game in the playoffs so far.

But hey, $11.6 million per year.
11.6M kicking in next season with Hronek, Zadarov, Lindholm still needing to be re-signed.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I guess you forgot game 2, where mcdavid high sticked hughes in the face and should have gotten 4 mins. then in ot, oilers score one of the flukiest/shittiest goals of the entire playoffs.
lol didnt vancouver score 2 off the same play last night?

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Looks like I got my prediction of an Oilers W in a one goal game (even though I predicted a 5-4 final).

This has got to be the series of the playoffs so far. Every game being a one goal difference that could have given either way. I hope the media outside Canada won't downplay it just because it features two Canadian teams.

Finally a reasonable take. It certainly has been entertaining.

Maybe you should talk to your colleague @Brookbank . He's lost, forlorn and looking for meaning in his life right now.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
:laugh: You're playing a third string goalie and struggled to tie the series last night, even with the "average" goaltending Oiler fans have been whining about constantly.

Thank your lucky stars the Vezina calibre goalie wasn't healthy this series. Talk about a gift.
Your team is being dominated in every statistical category there is. Calling him a third string no longer pushes your narrative. Silovs has been praised on every panel and talk show for his level of play this series, as everyone can see that he's keeping Vancouver in games on his own. Fooling yourself into believing otherwise is pure cope.

Thank your lucky stars your team has been shooting on the worst playoff goaltender to lace them on since 2005. Talk about a gift.

Last edited by a moderator:

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
:laugh: You're playing a third string goalie and struggled to tie the series last night, even with the "average" goaltending Oiler fans have been whining about constantly.

Thank your lucky stars the Vezina calibre goalie wasn't healthy this series. Talk about a gift.

Oh Jeebuz... what a flimsy excuse. You've been getting absolutely Vezina quality goaltending from Shilov. He's been phenomenal to my (goalie) eyes.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Eyes may fail us, but numbers don't lie.
What numbers ? In the previous game, high dangers were equal in the third period. Despite the Oilers allegedly dominating in a shinny kind of way.

The Oilers are better at shinny. But this is the NHL. There's no way in hell by numbers or eyes , that the Oilers are the better structured and defensively sound team. Which is why the series is tied.

• Haha
Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Your team is being dominated in every statistical category there is. Calling him a third string no longer pushes your narrative. Silovs has been praised on every panel and talk show for his level of play this series, as everyone can see that he's keeping Vancouver in games on his own. Fooling yourself into believing otherwise is pure cope.

Thank your lucky stars your team has been shooting on the worst playoff goaltender to lace them on since 2005. Talk about a gift.

Numbers don't lie. Facts don't care about feelings.
This isn't shinny.

The Canucks are clearly the more defensively sound and structured team.

The Oilers are look like the Boudreu Canucks out there. And Woody tried to get them to learn how to play a defensive system and get got fired fot it.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
This isn't shinny.

The Canucks are clearly the more defensively sound and structured team.

The Oilers are look like the Boudreu Canucks out there. And Woody tried to get them to learn how to play a defensive system and get got fired fot it.
Woody got fired because the results were abysmal.

Knob uses a similar box+1 system.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
This isn't shinny.

The Canucks are clearly the more defensively and structured team.

If they were clearly the more defensively and structured team, then maybe they should perform like it and it wouldn’t be 2-2.

Silovs is keeping them in this series.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Calling Silovs a 3rd string goalie as an insult is as disingenuous as saying the Oilers are swimming in riches because they had 1st overalls in Hall, RNH and Yakupov.
It is not really the goalies. Desmith or Silovs probably wouldn't look much different in net for the Oilers than Pickard has.

It is called structure.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
What numbers ? In the previous game, high dangers were equal in the third period. Despite the Oilers allegedly dominating in a shinny kind of way.

The Oilers are better at shinny. But this is the NHL. There's no way in hell by numbers or eyes , that the Oilers are the better structured and defensively sound team. Which is why the series is tied.
No, the series is tied because Vancouver was shooting on Stuart Skinner. The entire league knows this, why try that hard to convince yourself otherwise?

Reactions: Kerberos

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Oh Jeebuz... what a flimsy excuse. You've been getting absolutely Vezina quality goaltending from Shilov. He's been phenomenal to my (goalie) eyes.
1) My goalie eyes? :laugh:I've played goal since I was 5, not that that matters. You don't need to play the position to know the difference between Silovs and Demko. You just need to be an objective thinker.
2) I'm not a Canucks fan.

Vezina-quality goaltending? I mean, he's been good, but 14 GA in four games (including 8 in the first two) is not phenomenal in anyone's eyes. His performance under tough conditions is admirable, but "Vezina quality"? Really?

If you don't think things would be a lot different with Demko playing, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad