Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Bouchard has been absolutely huge this series... even better than Hughes.
I'm usually pretty critical of Bouchard but he's been incredible these playoffs. He's putting up Makar/Hughes numbers this entire year and has shown massive growth defensively.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Is Demko ready to play? I wonder if we see him in Game 6 or 7, all dependent on who wins tomorrow.

If Van wins game 5, we see Demko in Game 7 if it goes that far.
If Van loses game 5, we see Demko in Game 6.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Suter hasn't done much on the top line. The best way to get Pettersson going is by playing him with Miller and Boeser. Pettersson ain't going to turn it around with Lafferty on his wing.

Not a bad idea, one good line who can play both against the McD line and against the Drai line... Play them 45-50 minutes each game and the Nucks have good chances.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Anybody saying McDavid is "playing well" this series has clearly never watched McDavid play and doesn't understand how incredibly dynamic McDavid is when he's on his game. He showed that version of himself in game 2 but whatever's been hampering him this entire season is still obviously bothering him and he's not a shooting threat. 6 points in 4 games would be amazing for most players but McDavid would be the first to say he hasn't played up to his standards and what Vancouver is doing has little to do with it. Expecting him to bring this series home and save his best for last though... wouldn't surprise me if he has a couple 3 or 4 point games in the next couple.

Draisaitl, on the other hand, is absolutely eviscerating them. It's fun to watch.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
If Tocchett wants to get rid of passengers, have to re-do the lines for Game 5. I would go with.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin
Suter - Lafferty - Mikheyev
Glad to see you haven't been watching the series, keep up the good work.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Anybody saying McDavid is "playing well" this series has clearly never watched McDavid play and doesn't understand how incredibly dynamic McDavid is when he's on his game. He played great in game 2 but whatever's been hampering him this entire seasn is still obviously bothering him. 6 points in 4 games would be amazing for most players but McDavid would be the first to say he hasn't played up to his standards and what Vancouver is doing has little to do with it.

Draisaitl, on the other hand, is absolutely eviscerating them. It's fun to watch.
McDavid has been effectively checked all series long, Miller is driving him nuts.

There is no answer for Draisaitl, he plays 30 minutes a game and that shot from the hashmarks is like facing Ovechkin in his prime.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Tocchett wants to get rid of passengers, have to re-do the lines for Game 5. I would go with.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin
Suter - Lafferty - Mikheyev

I like how you posted this exact same thing in 5 different threads.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Anybody saying McDavid is "playing well" this series has clearly never watched McDavid play and doesn't understand how incredibly dynamic McDavid is when he's on his game. He showed that version of himself in game 2 but whatever's been hampering him this entire season is still obviously bothering him and he's not a shooting threat. 6 points in 4 games would be amazing for most players but McDavid would be the first to say he hasn't played up to his standards and what Vancouver is doing has little to do with it. Expecting him to bring this series home and save his best for last though... wouldn't surprise me if he has a couple 3 or 4 point games in the next couple.

The only reason he got a breakaway that game is because Soucy made an inexplicable mistake pinching on him.

If he didn't get that breakaway it would've been the same game from him we've seen all series, him looking dangerous, getting so-so looks 5v5 & doing damage on the PP but the Canucks doing a good job protecting the house & defending him well 5 on 5.

The other team has a say in it too & the Canucks have played McDavid effectively all series, I know that's hard to admit for Oiler fans

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
McDavid has been effectively checked all series long, Miller is driving him nuts.

There is no answer for Draisaitl, he plays 30 minutes a game and that shot from the hashmarks is like facing Ovechkin in his prime.
Agreed, any Oilers fans pretending McDavid just hasn’t played well are trying to cope

He’s played great, Canucks have just been effective at containing him

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
McDavid rarely hit full speed this season and I don't think I've seen it once in the playoffs. Hasn't been shooting and is also putting up the worst faceoff numbers he's had in years. Mechanically he's been limited largely to his edge work once the team is set up in the offensive zone, and his passing.

Reactions: fresh meat

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Not an ounce of respect coming from the Oilers fans. Keep it up.

The Oilers have won 2 of 8 games against the Canucks.

The Canucks have their worst game of the series and the Oilers have their best , yet it was 2/2 in the third. But hey , clear cut superior team bro.
[/QUOTEso
If you put either Silovs or Desmith in Edmontons net , they wouldn't be difference makers. It's the Canucks structure that allows these goalies to hang in there.
So that goes for demko to then obviously?

What a horrible take. The saves silovs is making has nothing to do with structure lolol

Well, Soucy will be back for sure. Hoglander maybe. I wonder if Demko is close enough to push him into the crease. Not that Silovs has been bad, but it could be a morale boost for the team.
I think throwing demko it could donthe exact opposite seeing how well silovs has played
Amd as am Oilers fan as funny as it sounds I would rather see demko them silovs after the first 4 games lolol

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Are you familiar with the 2012 Vancouver Canucks goaltending situation?

Now pickard is no where close to being a Corey Schneider but the same principle applies. A team picks their starter and rides him well past the point of him losing his job to poor play.

Pickard is 100% a career backup. Heck he's more like an ahl starter. But when he comes in and gives the oilers stable goaltending that really tells you something about how bad skinner has been
It tells you that the Oilers defence isn't bad like people love to parrot in these threads. Previous seasons sure, but this year not even close. And that's with having an anchor like Ceci on their blue line.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Agreed, any Oilers fans pretending McDavid just hasn’t played well are trying to cope

He’s played great, Canucks have just been effective at containing him
He has played well because even when he is a bit off his game he is a force.

But to say he's been at his best, I have to question how frequently you watch the team.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Seems like a ready made excuse for if the series goes the wrong way to me
It was said in response to Miller having a subpar game last night and me essentially questioning if the poster in question wanted to play that game, not a Tocchet-esque preemptive excuse.

Again, if you think Connor is at the top of his game I urge you to catch more Oilers games.

You're missing out on a pretty special and entertaining player.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad