Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Again, your arguing something I’m not.

Your original post indicated examples and I explained to you that examples of intent vs not sucks.

Once again, I agree with you.

Learn to read.
So you think Hyman should be suspended for longer than Soucy, correct? He crosschecked someone in the face, clearly. Are you able to read or answer that?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
So you think Hyman should be suspended for longer than Soucy, correct? He crosschecked someone in the face, clearly. Are you able to read or answer that?
No, the part I agree with is that Soucy made a dangerous play but it was not intentional to hit Connor in the neck or head and unfortunately Zadorov’s cross check facilitated that. Because it was still dangerous and unnecessary, the 1 game is fair.

And no, Hymans crosscheck is the exact same in the middle of a scrum. Not intentional to the head but still reckless with the stick.

You’re once again trying to prove a point I’m not even arguing.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Imagine Sidney Crosby saying what Draisatl said about hitting the post 😂. Wouldn’t happen in a million years. That guy is a such a baby. What a leader.

I liked it. We always crap all over players who show a little personality in interviews for some reason. "We got pucks in deep, we cycled, we gave 110%" is somehow what everyone wants to hear. Save the classy remarks for when the series is over, this is a battle.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I liked it. We always crap all over players who show a little personality in interviews for some reason. "We got pucks in deep, we cycled, we gave 110%" is somehow what everyone wants to hear. Save the classy remarks for when the series is over, this is a battle.
That's not showing a little personality. That's being a major douchebag and undermining the efforts of a young goalie. Get a grip.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver

I came out quite impressed from this press conference by McDavid, pretty classy, honestly, maybe he’s turning a corner

Not what I was expecting, but good answers by McD. Might have helped he wasn't asked immediately after the game and had a second to cool down.

For such a vile intentional cross-check to the face you'd figure his mouth would be caved in and unable to talk.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Juulsen has nothing to lose. Someone’s going to get absolutely DRILLED tomorrow and honestly, I’m okay with it :)
More likely he gets walked around and is responsible for a goal or two against, but ok.

That's not showing a little personality. That's being a major douchebag and undermining the efforts of a young goalie. Get a grip.
Did you even listen to the question he was asked?

• Haha
Reactions: vcanuck

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Not like Canucks aren't used to playing with Soucy out of the lineup. Hopefully good version of Juulsen shows up.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

If you actually watched the interview, shortly after he said he's played well and made some big stops.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The only thing I've really said is that the hearing (and possible suspension) is star player tax. Same shit would've happened if it were Crosby, Bedard, MacKinnon, Matthews, etc.

I said in the previous thread that things are going to get chippy and tempers are going to start to flare and it was my hope that it'd be the Oilers and not the Canucks (notably Miller as he's prolly the most emotional guy on the team.)

Banter and jokes aside, I think way too much is being made of the Soucy 'hit' and hyperanalyzing everything that's gone on in the series. IMO, there's been blown or soft calls for both teams and the officiating in general has been shit.

The series is a team with 2 upper echelon players going up against a mid-tier team whose talent ceiling isn't quite as high. If Edmonton had depth or even a serviceable goalie (which is something I had been saying since like...February or March) I doubt the games would be as close as they have been.

But the Canucks are hanging in there and are doing a good job at limiting McDavid's opportunities. They can't hope to stop him, just contain him, as the saying goes.

The fact that elements of the Oilers fanbase have been seething literally all season over the Canucks being hack frauds despite winning all games in the regular season against them, making the playoffs, winning the division and winning a playoff series and now 2 more games against the Oilers is what's made this so silly.

I do think the pressure is getting to Edmonton. There needs to be a big response from them tomorrow -- on the scoresheet, not by dressing the fourth line or whatever -- and try and get momentum back.

It's still anyone's series, but I'm not the one making misogynistic comments (and later deleting them.)
Most Oiler fans don't really care about what the Canucks did all season. Some thought they weren't legit, but the only people in the Oilers fanbase really concerned about what Vancouver was doing this year before this series, are the same type of fans that every team has that the rest of us choose to ignore because they are pretty much clueless.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The problem is that he has frequently taken himself out of position to make a huge hit. He needs to play more conservatively tomorrow
This, I love the guy for his hits but sometimes he literally lines up a guy on the other side of the ice. Dude just has to stay in his lane and finish checks when the opportunity presents itself, but go out looking for them.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Oh it's equal for both teams? I must have missed the fines and phone hearings for the Oilers and I'm sure Hyman's suspension for doing to Zad the exact same thing Soucy did 30 seconds later is forthcoming shortly.

It's always been this way, at least since '94.

Fortunately, we point it out, and more and more people around the league begin to realize it.

Frankly, I'm shocked Soucy only got one game. I guess all the pressure Vancouver fans and media have put on the NHL to stop it's blatant bias has had some small effect. Certainly not enough to reach fairness, just a slight lessening of the unfairness.

Baby steps.

Anyway, this second round is just gravy, the 'nucks won their cup when they advanced past Nashville. No one minds if a few bread crumbs fall in the gravy.

homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Doesn't change the fact that the post remark was unnecessary and doesn't instill actual personality to the game.

It was an honest answer to a question on whether or not hitting the post is indicative of good goaltending. When you consider the post that Leon hit in the game had a wide open yawning net to shoot in, it's a fair answer. Wish more players were more open and honest during interviews.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
It was an honest answer to a question on whether or not hitting the post is indicative of good goaltending. When you consider the post that Leon hit in the game had a wide open yawning net to shoot in, it's a fair answer. Wish more players were more open and honest during interviews.

I felt it was disingenuous and you felt he was honest. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: I am toxic

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Moving along to game 4... any lineup changes outside the obvious? Does Hoglander draw back in?

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Most Oiler fans don't really care about what the Canucks did all season.'

The larger Oilers fanbase? Sure, I could see that.

On here? Nah. Not even a little bit. Or on Twitter? Same thing. Lots of people being very vocal about their disdain of the Canucks.

Some thought they weren't legit, but the only people in the Oilers fanbase really concerned about what Vancouver was doing this year before this series, are the same type of fans that every team has that the rest of us choose to ignore because they are pretty much clueless.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Moving along to game 4... any lineup changes outside the obvious? Does Hoglander draw back in?
Unlikely. Karlsson was praised after the game and was given the game puck. Aman was a contributor on the PK. I don’t think either comes out for Hoglander or PDG.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
DoPs: “We acknowledge Soucy’s argument that the cross-check by Zadorov is forceful enough to cause a change in McDavid’s position and may contribute to Soucy’s cross-check landing to the head."

So not the same as Hyman, who had to raise his stick even higher to catch Zads in the face - Hyman's was worse, same as the slewfoots the game before.

It's ok. 'Nucks are used to it. They know they have to put up with biased officiating, whether it's Sutherland or DoPs.

Good to see more and more people are becoming aware of it.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
DoPs: “We acknowledge Soucy’s argument that the cross-check by Zadorov is forceful enough to cause a change in McDavid’s position and may contribute to Soucy’s cross-check landing to the head."

So not the same as Hyman, who had to raise his stick even higher to catch Zads in the face - Hyman's was worse, same as the slewfoots the game before.

It's ok. 'Nucks are used to it. They know they have to put up with biased officiating, whether it's Sutherland or DoPs.

Good to see more and more people are becoming aware of it.
Yes, the world and the NHL are all against the Canucks. We know. It's all we've been hearing.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad