Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers fans, how has pickard played this season ?
He was actually pretty solid. Of course it's a small sample size. The thing I like about Pickard is he has decent side to side movement and he makes you beat him. He doesn't seem as error prone as Skinner is. I don't expect him to be a savior but if he can make just average saves it will be an upgrade over what Skinner has been in these playoffs.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He was actually pretty solid. Of course it's a small sample size. The thing I like about Pickard is he has decent side to side movement and he makes you beat him. He doesn't seem as error prone as Skinner is. I don't expect him tbe a savior but if he can make just average saves it will be an upgrade over what Skinner has been in these playoffs.
Weird that he wasnā€™t the starter if heā€™s so much better than Skinner.
Heā€™s a 32 year old career backup for a reason.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Kind of shocking that the Oilers are still dealing with goaltending issues. Can't help but think the McDavid/Drai years were wasted because of this issue. This could very well be the last year they're together with Drai entering the final year of his deal next season. I'd be anxious if I'm an EDM fan. This could go well or be very, very bad.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
In my book someone from the oilers should square up and drop the gloves, not go around looking for cheapshots on players that had nothing to do with the incident in the first place.

Kane and Zadrov have been at each other both previous games so why not make it a 2-for-1?
Kane has been ducking Zadorov all series. Maybe he decides to man up now and have a go.

The Spitting Chicklets crew are generally a bunch of dumbasses. Itā€™s funny cuz Biz is actually pretty decent as an analyst when he does it professionally

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In my book someone from the oilers should square up and drop the gloves, not go around looking for cheapshots on players that had nothing to do with the incident in the first place.

Kane and Zadrov have been at each other both previous games so why not make it a 2-for-1?
Why on earth would one of the best D in the series drop the gloves and fight a plug like Kane. Especially when the Canucks are already missing Soucy. The Oilers would love to have those two sitting for 5 minutes.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Skinner is bigger and has better positioning. I was pointing out one goalies strengths compared to the other. I am not sure you are not that intelligent or lack reading comprehension skills. Pickard has some elements that might help the Oilers that Skinner is not providing. You should think, if you are capable. I never said either was great. The Oilers just need anyone that can make an average save right now.

Stop with the personal attacks dude.

Objectively, Pickard has been a career AHL / ppor back up option. I'm surprised Oilers are not starting Campbell considering he atleast has experience.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
So this is it for Skinner in EDM? He's not even on the bench tonight? How can the team go back to him now. Crazy times in EDM.

What would they do next season when both Campbell and Skinner are holding $7.6m cap?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

Kane should focus on scoring some goals. The Oilers need to win a game right now.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's like I've been saying all along....

Edmonton in 6.

Also - 3-2 with Bouchard scoring the OT winner is extremely close to what I had predicted would happen for game 4.

Reactions: Kerberos

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Vancouvers worst game and Edm barely could beat them with Pickard, who played far better than Skinner. The Saucy suspension made all the difference. Juulson was caught on a hit and cost a goal. Oh well.

How about that poke check by Silovs? That was an elite poke check. Perfect skating control.

Evander Kane got away with yet another blatant slew foot in the first 5 minutes.

Tocchet got out coached by Knob. Knob has been impressive I'll admit

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PuckG

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Watching that GWG over... ugly shift for Zadorov. Turns the puck over in the neutral zone, loses a board battle to Holloway and doesn't get the puck out, and then just kinda stands there as Drai passes it through him.

Reactions: PuckG

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I am confused about Pickard.

When was he brought into game 3? After one of the goals, or at the end when McCraibaby were playing five minutes straight?

Because if Pickers was brought iin at the end, it was only to give them another timeout to rest, which is not the same as giving Skinner the hook.
Pickard was brought into the 3rd period after the last goal and let it no goals(although bareky played). Later they changed goalies back to skinner again as the stall tactic. Pickard had been inserted as giving the hook. The stall goalie tactic was later and itnwas skinner replacing pickard fornthe sole purpose of being a pseudo timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad