OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
View attachment 874999

To all our valued customers,

Join us in commemorating the legacy of iconic “You-do-it” Electronics Center. For 75 remarkable years, we've been the cornerstone of the electronics industry, delivering exceptional products and unparalleled service.
After many fulfilling years of serving our community, we're announcing the closure of our beloved store. While the decision to close is bittersweet, we know that the memories created will endure.
As we prepare for this transition, we encourage you to come say goodbye and take advantage as we sell off our existing inventory and place special orders for popular products. Additionally, we will be selling office furniture and industrial shelving at deep discounts.
Please note we will be closed Saturday, May 25 through Monday, May 27 for Memorial Day Weekend. Our new hours of operations starting Tuesday May 28 will be 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
Thank you for your patronage. Stay tuned for details on the exact closing date and any special events in the upcoming weeks.
I can't begin to count the number of times I went there. Still have the Fluke 77 multimeter I bought there in 1984

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It really is! We had ours installed and the very next week, we had a 35 hour outage. That really drove home the value of having one.
I got mine installed many years ago in the Fall...and we had no real winter.:laugh:

The following Fall we lost power for 3 days due to hurricane winds.

I live in a condex. My neighbor asked if she could put stuff in my fridge. She came over and I was doing laundry...she said. Now you are just showing off.

It is insurance. I am too old to go without power in the Winter. If you can afford one, it is worth it. Get one that runs on natural gas if you can.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
We also have a generator which turns on when the power goes out, and since we are in a rural area with lots of trees, with snow and ice storms and severe summer storms it is a question of when the power will out, rather than if it goes out.

Gives us a lot of peace of mind and, and after we went through a week with no power about a decade ago I would never want to live without one again.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We also have a generator which turns on when the power goes out, and since we are in a rural area with lots of trees, with snow and ice storms and severe summer storms it is a question of when the power will out, rather than if it goes out.

Gives us a lot of peace of mind and, and after we went through a week with no power about a decade ago I would never want to live without one again.
The first 7 years I lived here we lost power 4 times in the dead of Winter for 3 days to 6. One day is OK but it gets too cold.

I would gather my cats and go to my mother's house in MA until she passed away and we sold her home.

I have a fireplace, but it doesn't generate much heat. My neighbor had pipes burst....not fun.

Now, I kind of look forward to a snow storm.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Life has been good to me so far

1716600116943.jpeg

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Since I share the memorial toy drive I do every Christmas in my sister's memory most of you already know a lot about me, so this piece, while highly personal, won't be a total surprise.

I was recently one of the media members Disney hosted at Walt Disney World for its Level Up event. I wrote a four-part series about it and how the video games offer something the parks thrive on. It's a really fun series and if you love Disney you'll almost certainly enjoy it (even if you don't care about video games.)

What Going To Disney Taught Me About Disney Video Games Part 1 – Magic Kingdom And Disney Dreamlight Valley

(That's only the link to part 1. There are links to the next installments at the end of every piece, and the series covers all four parks.)

But I also wrote a separate piece about how this trip taught me something about Disney, "Disney adults," and why they love going back again and again. Those who are kind enough to read it will understand why this one is so personal.

(Those of you who just want to laugh at me, which is fair, can also see a picture of 10-year-old me opposite what I look like now. Spoiler: it's much worse.)

Disney Didn’t Turn Me Into A ‘Disney Adult,’ But It Helped Me Understand Them

Went to Disney once when I was a baby all im told is I rode “its a small world” everyday.

My daughter wants to bring her son there for his second. May forward these to her to read them. Get her more into the disney experience

Reactions: EverettMike

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
My fellow Red Sox fans, please forgive my intrusion, but I must know—who in here is following the Karen Read trial, and what’s the feeling in the Mass area w/r/t to whether she is innocent or guilty?

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My fellow Red Sox fans, please forgive my intrusion, but I must know—who in here is following the Karen Read trial, and what’s the feeling in the Mass area w/r/t to whether she is innocent or guilty?
I'm sure lots of us are watching. I've been from the beginning. I believe she is innocent. But we kind of refrain from posting about it on here because it becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad