Speculation: Weegar (and his agent) disappointed with contract negotiations

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm surprised so many of you are taking this interview at face value, agents use the media as a tool just as much as the GMs do.

We know virtually nothing about the negotiations. How much is the team willing to give, how much is Weegar asking? This interview is a convenient way to make Weegar look good, in case we do end up trading him.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'm surprised so many of you are taking this interview at face value, agents use the media as a tool just as much as the GMs do.

We know virtually nothing about the negotiations. How much is the team willing to give, how much is Weegar asking? This interview is a convenient way to make Weegar look good, in case we do end up trading him.
Yup, anything about this in the media should be taken with a grain of salt. Weegar saying he "loves South Florida" could easily be a negotiation tactic.

Time will tell.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yup, anything about this in the media should be taken with a grain of salt. Weegar saying he "loves South Florida" could easily be a negotiation tactic.

Time will tell.
The good news is, unlike with DT when it was “I wonder how he’s gonna screw up next”, I’m totally relaxed with Zito.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad