Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2023-2024

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Heidt in an elimination situation tonight, first period in the books with his team up 2-1, all scoring on different lines from Heidt. His offensive play has been excellent, particularly his passing and decision making. getting crushed in the faceoffs and physical battles though.

I have a hard time seeing this player as a legitimate NHLer by next season, there are just some significant details missing IMO, but I do think the future is bright... on the wing. At this point in time, he seems like a direct replacement for Zuccarello in a couple years.

Strength, and skating speed will need to improve like every young player, but the challenge is going to be getting the pro level reads and habits, his current league is not going to help there from my viewings. The 9 game stint, if he gets it as rumored, seems like a good way to get him some of that direct experience, hopefully he can put it to good use if it does happen.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
3-1 Prince George after 2 periods, Hunter Laing (who looks every inch of his listed 6'6") pulled off a between the legs roof job out front.

Heidt had an eventful period, took a frustration holding penalty in the Ozone, but also sniped the crossbar on a 2 on 1 and had two glorious feeds for grade A chances that teammates failed to convert. He seemed to get distracted by physical play at times in that period, missed some free pucks in the O zone because of it. He also did a flyby in his own zone on the PP that gave Danielson a free shorthanded slot shot (I like Danielson a lot, he is going to be doing that to NHLers very soon too.)

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
3-1 Prince George after 2 periods, Hunter Laing (who looks every inch of his listed 6'6") pulled off a between the legs roof job out front.

Heidt had an eventful period, took a frustration holding penalty in the Ozone, but also sniped the crossbar on a 2 on 1 and had two glorious feeds for grade A chances that teammates failed to convert. He seemed to get distracted by physical play at times in that period, missed some free pucks in the O zone because of it. He also did a flyby in his own zone on the PP that gave Danielson a free shorthanded slot shot (I like Danielson a lot, he is going to be doing that to NHLers very soon too.)
How does Parascak look?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
How does Parascak look?
He did not play in this game, was injured in game 4.

Ended up a blowout at 6-1, Heidt no points, but played pretty well and easily could have been sitting at 4 points if things broke the other way for him. Things got chippy at the end, Heidt was in the middle of it for pretty much the whole game.

PG gets game 6, and if they win, game 7 at home. They looked like the superior team in this one.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He did not play in this game, was injured in game 4.

Ended up a blowout at 6-1, Heidt no points, but played pretty well and easily could have been sitting at 4 points if things broke the other way for him. Things got chippy at the end, Heidt was in the middle of it for pretty much the whole game.

PG gets game 6, and if they win, game 7 at home. They looked like the superior team in this one.
Ah, thanks. Is Heidt strong enough to be a force in those scrums, or? In other words, is he a Hartman, or a MarJo?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ah, thanks. Is Heidt strong enough to be a force in those scrums, or? In other words, is he a Hartman, or a MarJo?
Not a force, but he was holding his own against bigger guys, lots of jabber going on and he seemed a willing participant in the face washes. He wasn’t actively looking for it like Hartman does at times, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of it coming in the next game.

Reactions: 57special

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Kumpulainen just scored in game 7 to put his team up 2-0 in the second. Had time to pick his spot on a play out front and beat the goalie with a wrister tight to the pipe shortside, great play by his teammate to feed him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Oshawa pulls it off without Sennecke, who was a late scratch, upper body injury sustained in game 6, 6-1 Final. Kumpulainen was relied on heavily in this one, played pretty well, not outstanding, but did his job. Physically engaged, made good plays with the puck, but his skating remains the skill that needs the most development to push him to NHL level IMO. Lots of runway left to go, pro systems will not be an issue for him. Generals move on to face the London Knights.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Heidt and Prince George’s season came to an end in double OT last night/this morning, I was pretty zoned out by the end of the game, Heidt had to be frustrated he couldn’t get anything to go the past couple games. He was involved all over the ice, but struggled to get clean looks for himself, was pretty much entirely a setup man for teammates and wasn’t quite connecting on the net front plays. He played pretty much every other shift and even had a chance directly before it went the other way for the series winner from Portland.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im bummed for heidt i wonder if he was injured for the playoffs given his lower production than the reg season? still im glad hes a wild prospect!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oshawa pulls it off without Sennecke, who was a late scratch, upper body injury sustained in game 6, 6-1 Final. Kumpulainen was relied on heavily in this one, played pretty well, not outstanding, but did his job. Physically engaged, made good plays with the puck, but his skating remains the skill that needs the most development to push him to NHL level IMO. Lots of runway left to go, pro systems will not be an issue for him. Generals move on to face the London Knights.
Just noticed that he is a really late(Aug) bday, so he will definitely have another year in junior.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just noticed that he is a really late(Aug) bday, so he will definitely have another year in junior.

I think they should bring him to MN over the summer for offseason workouts. Then the AHL next season to play against bigger/better compitition.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they should bring him to MN over the summer for offseason workouts. Then the AHL next season to play against bigger/better compitition.
He can't play pro hockey, can he? Too young? In any event he is also, while tall, desperately in need of filling out. Another year in junior wouldn't hurt him. AHL would eat him alive.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
As much as I hope Heidt gets away from juniors for his development, Kumpulainen is right where he probably should be for next year.
I just don't know about Heidt. It won't hurt him to play another year in the CHL, get in a couple more camps with the Wild, maybe get a taste of the NHL on a 9 game tryout.

He seems pretty smart to me. Just needs to be faster and stronger, like 90% of prospects. Bigger, too, would be nice.

He's an extreme long shot for the team next year, and still a longshot in 25-26. Bankier, Milne(?) and Yurov will be on the team before him, together with Ohgren. That's a lot of young'uns.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He can't play pro hockey, can he? Too young? In any event he is also, while tall, desperately in need of filling out. Another year in junior wouldn't hurt him. AHL would eat him alive.

Hence the offseason workout in MN: Muscle mass and skating. He's listed at 6"2 190 lbs, not 5'8 145lbs. He needs to be in a men's pro league next year, not playing against highschoolers.

He can be in the AHL next year. It's different ruleset for him not the normal NHL or CHL ruleset.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not like he's crushing the current smaller/worse competition.

Another year playing with the puck on his stick probably wouldn't be too bad.

Hence the offseason workout in MN: Muscle mass and skating. He's listed at 6"2 190 lbs, not 5'8 145lbs. He needs to be in a men's pro league next year, not playing against highschoolers.

He can be in the AHL next year. It's different ruleset for him not the normal NHL or CHL ruleset.
Playing in the CHL is not a hindrance for 19 year olds.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just don't know about Heidt. It won't hurt him to play another year in the CHL, get in a couple more camps with the Wild, maybe get a taste of the NHL on a 9 game tryout.

He seems pretty smart to me. Just needs to be faster and stronger, like 90% of prospects. Bigger, too, would be nice.

He's an extreme long shot for the team next year, and still a longshot in 25-26. Bankier, Milne(?) and Yurov will be on the team before him, together with Ohgren. That's a lot of young'uns.
I think Heidt is given the Benson treatment.

I doubt that Bankier or Milne are going to take a spot from him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not like he's crushing the current smaller/worse competition.

Another year playing with the puck on his stick probably wouldn't be too bad.

Playing in the CHL is not a hindrance for 19 year olds.

This was his NA adjustment year. He was ~PPG this season. Do that and it's time to get out of the CHL and move to the next level.

He'll be in his D+2 season (yes, he's young for his draft class). His contract will still slide in Iowa. Get him playing against better competition.

I'm fine if he goes and plays in Liiga and not the AHL next year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This was his NA adjustment year. He was ~PPG this season. Do that and it's time to get out of the CHL and move to the next level.

He'll be in his D+2 season (yes, he's young for his draft class). His contract will still slide in Iowa. Get him playing against better competition.

I'm fine if he goes and plays in Liiga and not the AHL next year.
Highly questionable.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Oshawa getting blown out against London. Just went down 8-0 in the second, London player pulled a Michigan for the 8-0 goal and was all smiles jumping the glass. This could be an ugly 3rd period. Kumpulainen is just a step behind on his timing, London plays significantly faster.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Caught the London Knights v Oshawa game. Kumpu had one assist, and looked good. Nice and long, plays smart, responsible two way game with decent puck skills and skating. Once he fills out he might be a handful.

Calum Ritchie, who is 6'2"+, had 4 points on the night, and was Oshawa's best player. He was on the board when we picked Stramel. Sennicke was out, unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00