Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Is Buchelnikov NHL ready next season? The season after that?
Absolutely not.

If he comes over (IF), he likely wants to avoid the AHL and that's realistically not possible for a few years still.
I was aware of his contract situation when I made the post. I was aware he was already signed through next season so he wouldn't be coming over then. But, to answer your question, a former 2nd round pick who will be 22, with 3 years of pro experience.....yeah I'd hope he'd be NHL ready at that point.

Reactions: heyfolks

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I was aware of his contract situation when I made the post. I was aware he was already signed through next season so he wouldn't be coming over then. But, to answer your question, a former 2nd round pick who will be 22, with 3 years of pro experience.....yeah I'd hope he'd be NHL ready at that point.
People always say stuff like ”why wasn’t panarin drafted”. Would you draft Panarin in the 2nd round even knowing he wouldn’t come over for a long time? Probably yes. Kaprizov, Datsyuk etc. didn’t arrive early.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Danielson's team is in an intense game against Prince George, and he just got the game's first goal. They had to review the goal at the end of the period, and they just had to come back to finish the end of the period, lol

Reactions: GoBoltz56

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Reactions: letsgowings9999

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Indefinitely, I believe because there is no transfer agreement.

It's an interesting situation because the CBA does not specify anything about a transfer agreement:
draft rights.png

But there's precedent for the KHL, so I think you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad