Winnipeg Jets 2024-25 Coaching Thread

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Exactly what I was going to say too. Super lame if that is actually the case.
Jets fans are barely even excited about hiring Arniel, don’t act like rest of the league would care.

Honestly, we don't know how Arniel would be as HC. But the vibe would be weak. Almost as though Jets aren't even trying on the coaching front. Ho Hum

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly, we don't know how Arniel would be as HC. But the vibe would be weak. Almost as though Jets aren't even trying on the coaching front. Ho Hum

I mean LA just essentially did the same thing by giving Hiller the reigns full time.

Arniel isn't my first choice but he could turn out to be a very good head coach for a we know.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You hope that Arniel has learned from Bowness as to how to coach players, egos etc...the coach has to rely on his leaders to play for him...in Arniel's defense I don't think the Jets tune him out when he has coached, but pressing the right buttons like Maurice did is really an instinct for reading the game...The Jets hired Bowness/Arniel as a tandem. First year PK was really good for a lot of the season...I think Chevy will be asked by Arniel to improve personnel...I look at the impact Paul Coffey along with Mark Stuart had on the way Edmonton plays, with Ken Holland changing the personnel 2 seasons ago, and that's maybe the model to follow.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Arniel it is then. Done deal.

Hahaha
They could have announced it 2 weeks ago.

Not all that surprising. Curious how he will lead this group on his own. Will he keep Bones schemes, modify them slightly, or will he do his own thing.

What about assistants and special teams. Will he get to choose his own assistants?

There is only 1 vacancy.

With epically bad special teams last year, how can they retain any coach who had anything to do with them?

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Well that was no doubt an exhausting search.
Might as well just announce the lifetime Chevy contract extension any time now too.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really think the Jets needed a task master as HC. These player coaches aren't getting the most out of this roster at least in the playoffs.

Oh well, what's done is done. If the Jets run this roster back I'll be a lot less invested next season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really think the Jets needed a task master as HC. These player coaches aren't getting the most out of this roster at least in the playoffs.

Oh well, what's done is done. If the Jets run this roster back I'll be a lot less invested next season.

The controllable variable for me in all of this is how I manage my “expectations/fan experience”.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Do we really know what type of coach Scott is? It's been a decade since he last ran a team so I'm not really sure how to classify him.

Reactions: Jet and Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Seems like those types of guys get a year or two out of their teams then the players tune them out.

I think we need a bit of both... a guy like Tocchett, Berube or Brindamour who has done what he's asking the players to do - go out and play with heart and passion, but also be relatable enough to build rapport/relationships with the players. I think it's easier for guys who have done it themselves to demand it of others

And I'm sure you'll be ready to be invested again if/when the running back Jets are 25-10 lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Do we really know what type of coach Scott is? It's been a decade since he last ran a team so I'm not really sure how to classify him.
True, but he doesn't strike me as an authoritarian. I guess we will see!

I'm more interested to see how the rest of the staff shakes out.

Seems like those types of guys get a year or two out of their teams then the players tune them out.

I think we need a bit of both... a guy like Tocchett, Berube or Brindamour who has done what he's asking the players to do - go out and play with heart and passion, but also be relatable enough to build rapport/relationships with the players. I think it's easier for guys who have done it themselves to demand it of others

And I'm sure you'll be ready to be invested again if/when the running back Jets are 25-10 lol
Oh yeah I talk the talk but I doubt I'll walk the walk.

I love the Jets for better or worse

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad