Shanahan lives in New York?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
ya we knew this. his family is all in ny too. but he does have a place in rosedale
not defending dubas @ all lol , but he prob got sick of dealing with this moron , thus his power play. ive also heard hes been hard to get a hold of in the past. If we only knew what really went on the last 5 years and the amount of dysfunction. its not a coidence the org. is a shit show right now

Reactions: Sundinisagod

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Must be a Canadian thing. CBC Prez Catherine Tait lives in New York and Donates to the Dems. Maybe her and Shanny share a private jet, paid for by the taxpayers, whenever they have to come to Canada.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The concept of commuting is obviously foreign to some.
You think Shanahan commutes from NY to Toronto? Really?

Isn't it like a 2 hour flight from Pearson / Billy Bishop to JFK/La Guardia/ Newark?

Who the f*** cares.

Also, we have known of this for all of the 10 years he's been president, and it's never mattered.

It still doesn't matter.
I don't see how it matters either, probably because I'm not even sure what he does besides hiring a new GM every 5-10 years or so and talk to the media once in a blue moon. Nice work if you can get it. GLG!

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Setting the table for his next job, with NHL Head Office? Some may think he's been hedging his bets for the whole time he's been a Leaf.

Last edited:
Reactions: myleafs and Al14

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Don’t really care where he lives more concerned with what he does. Not sure anyone knows

Last edited:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I don't see it as a major issue but certainly the President of a hockey team should be near the actual team he runs. This includes meeting with the staff and seeing how things are run up close and in person. You don't get that from Zoom calls and virtual board meetings.

Reactions: mjd1001

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I mean does it really make a difference? We all live in a remote workplace, Zoom world. What can he not do from NY? He’s not leading practice at the Ford.
I think it can make a difference.

This topic is one that people will argue on both sides of it. But personally I think there is something to 'being in the building', to every morning being the guy who you can walk up to their door, knock on it and sit down for a meeting....rather than having to wait to schedule a zoom meeting with.

And here is the thing for me, If he was the best hockey mind in the world, someone with a ton of experience and led teams to cup wins in management, and you wanted to allow him to do that, fine. But, I don't see him as a huge asset. If you are even going to be 'just as good as the next guy' or even 'just slightly better' in your role....then I'll take the next guy. The guy who will be in the building. Be available for face-to-face meetings by knocking on the door. A guy who shows up at practice, who meets the guys in management and on the team and gets to know them. Are all of those things NEEDED in the 'remote world' we live in? No they aren't NEEDED, but if I have a choice I would rather have them than not.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm all for replacing Shanahan with an ex Leaf player. Sundin would be pretty cool to hear from. He literally bled for the blue and white. Shanahan still parties with his Detroit buddies during the season. Fire him already. Sick of seeing his Karen haircut.

Reactions: CincoHolio and Al14

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think it can make a difference.

This topic is one that people will argue on both sides of it. But personally I think there is something to 'being in the building', to every morning being the guy who you can walk up to their door, knock on it and sit down for a meeting....rather than having to wait to schedule a zoom meeting with.

And here is the thing for me, If he was the best hockey mind in the world, someone with a ton of experience and led teams to cup wins in management, and you wanted to allow him to do that, fine. But, I don't see him as a huge asset. If you are even going to be 'just as good as the next guy' or even 'just slightly better' in your role....then I'll take the next guy. The guy who will be in the building. Be available for face-to-face meetings by knocking on the door. A guy who shows up at practice, who meets the guys in management and on the team and gets to know them. Are all of those things NEEDED in the 'remote world' we live in? No they aren't NEEDED, but if I have a choice I would rather have them than not.
I'm sure he is 'in the building' quite a lot during the season, he would certainly be in Toronto more than New York.
Most Presidents don't sit at their desk every day anyway or are able to take a meeting because someone knocks on their door.
Seems silly to make all these baseless accusations that he's never available.
Argue that his performance, not where he sleeps a few nights a month.

This has got to be an early contender for thread of the year. :laugh:

Reactions: Cams and nsleaf

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Argue that his performance, not where he sleeps a few nights a month.
If his ex-GM was unable to reach him to approve a time-sensitive blockbuster trade last year because he was in NYC and not answering his calls, then it has affected his performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad