@slocal you might want to stock up

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
@slocal you might want to stock up

I buy mine from Underwood Ranches. They were the original supplier of peppers before getting shafted by Huy Fong. The new Huy Fong sriracha tastes wrong, but Underwood tastes like the original. Same can be said for the chili garlic sauce.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Damn, I just saw this. Bloody hell
Same. Gutted. He was a true iconoclast, and humble throughout. The Electrical Audio channel on YouTube is a fantastic testament to a life's work in service to helping normal people make abnormal music, if you haven't checked it out.

Reactions: Pavelski2112

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Same. Gutted. He was a true iconoclast, and humble throughout. The Electrical Audio channel on YouTube is a fantastic testament to a life's work in service to helping normal people make abnormal music, if you haven't checked it out.
Steve was one of my biggest heroes. He's a huge reason I approach recording and working with bands the way I do.

I was just in Chicago for a few days and thought about calling EA to see if I could visit for a quick tour. Regret seems like too weak of a word right now.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t know if any of you guys work in the biotech industry, but it’s rough right now. I work at a mid-sized biotech company in the Bay Area and we just laid off 170 people today after doing ~40 a couple months ago. I’ve survived so far but man, it is not very fun.

• Wow
Reactions: landshark

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I buy mine from Underwood Ranches. They were the original supplier of peppers before getting shafted by Huy Fong. The new Huy Fong sriracha tastes wrong, but Underwood tastes like the original. Same can be said for the chili garlic sauce.
not sure when this happened, but I spotted this in Costco today

Looks like huy fong is cancelled

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I don’t know if any of you guys work in the biotech industry, but it’s rough right now. I work at a mid-sized biotech company in the Bay Area and we just laid off 170 people today after doing ~40 a couple months ago. I’ve survived so far but man, it is not very fun.
It's been a bloodbath for hella days and I totally thought the hiring floodgates would open again by now... Literally everyone is applying for everything out of desperation it's nuts

If I get fired again I'm seriously f***ed cuz there's no way I'm outcompeting everyone else out there right now

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
It's been a bloodbath for hella days and I totally thought the hiring floodgates would open again by now... Literally everyone is applying for everything out of desperation it's nuts

If I get fired again I'm seriously f***ed cuz there's no way I'm outcompeting everyone else out there right now
It's that way in everything. There's so much competition for any open position and it's so easy for people to apply over the Internet that the odds of you getting any position that you apply for are horribly low. If they're laying off in your industry, everything's that much worse.

I've gone through long periods of unemployment and underemployment. Been looking for an upgrade for at least a year now and not much out there that really fits my field where I live and the few that do you're lucky if you ever hear from them. Have a friend out there whose unemployment ran out a while back and he's getting a little desperate. Whenever I read those articles about how unemployment is, I just laugh. Who are they kidding? It's not a job hunter's market at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad