Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Playoffs: Round 3 - (1) Boston vs (6) Indiana

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
no Porzingis for gm 5 (solus strain)
He is not needed for the close out game, if Tatum and Brown can stay focused, just do basis shots and get the points. There are enough defender to play defence a necessary part and there are enough scorers to produce points. Brown and Tatum have zero (0) turnovers.

CLOSEOUT GAME 4-1

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240430_180948_Chrome.jpg

Let him rest until we need him. We got lucky it wasn't anything worse.

• Love
Reactions: Maine Fan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Stevens' focus is squarely on gm 5, not the Executive award that the NBA Just announced
Not sure what focus a GM puts towards a series. His work is already done. Got me thinking though if Brad ever pops in for some film study with the coaches.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Another 3-1 Close Out game, however, one never knows which Tatum or Brown one will get. The one that does it all or screws up. Imagine Jaylen Brown had 6 turnovers in game 4, that was 2 more than the rest of the team. Also he only got, 1 of 3 3Ps, 2 of 4 FTs and 7 of 18 FGs Bad night. Was Tatum better YES but not by much, 1 TO, 2 of 6 3Ps, 8 of 8 FTs and 5 of 14 FGs. They were not good players that game. No repeats.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Did you know that only 13 NBA teams have come back from a 3-1 playoff deficit. Yep, one of those teams did it in 1997, I think, against the NY Knicks that team was the Miami Heat. HERRO has this year's team excited about this fact. Could you imagine the Celtics losing this round to the Heat?

Porzingis is out. Tatum has a sore ankle. Tatum and Brown have not played that well. Holiday has been off. Pritchard hasn't scored when he played. Hauser hasn't scored. It is possible.

Time to step up and Close Out this series in game 5.

Let's get this done.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I don't know why but I have trouble trusting the Celtics against the Heat. Miami is definitely overmatched but they play hard. They will be without Jacquez tonight which will hurt them further though so any shot at an upset should be gone. Porzingis is going to be missed. I worry about the Jays playing to much hero ball...Porzingis being on the team mitigates that.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad