Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals begin June 6th at TD Garden - CELTICS vs Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Offense during the regular season 123.3 points per game. The Celtics will need Porzingis IMO to beat Indiana and not have a let up with the offense.

Ball control (turnovers) will be another area the Celtics will need to pay attention to during each game, along with the defense.

In other words it will not be a cake walk to beat Indiana if the 3s don't drop or we have a lot of turnovers during the same game. Both issues will be a disaster for the Celtics, if happening together during the same game.

Celtics 2024 Season record 3-2.

Tonight No Porzingis, Celtics 9.5 points favorite...Pacers Mathurin OFS

Go Celtics.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As the Conference Finals start tonight 5/21/24 I though I would look at the top 2 players per team and rank them by PPG & TOVG. I am not sure where I am going with this.

PPG
1) [M] Doncic. 36.9
2) [C] Tatum. 27.6
3) [P] Haliburton. 26.1
4) [M] Irving. 25.6
5) [T] Gobert. 24.9
6) [T] Edwards. 23.6
7) [C] Brown. 21.2
8) [P] Turner. 19.7

TOVG
1) [M] Doncic. 4.0
2) [T] Edward's. 3.0
3) [C] Tatum. 2.5
4) [C] Brown. 2.4
5) [P] Haliburton 2.3
6) [M] Irving. 1.8
7) [T] Gobert 1.6
8) [P] Turner. 1.4

Yes, I think I am on to something. Brown for the Celtics has a disportionate ratio between production and turnovers. Based in these numbers he needs to lower his TOVG or increase his PPG to be in line with the ratio of the other top 8 players (2) per team.

I always thought that Jaylen Brown turned the ball over (negative) too much based on his production (positive.)
You already knew that, as did I, before I started with this.

Go Celtics

Reactions: rfournier103

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My prediction - Celtics in 5. I think it will go like this - win, win ( one of the first 2 games will be a blowout win ), close win, loss ( Indy doesn't get swept at home ) and win.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
ESPN looks at the " toughness " of this Celtics team.

from espn.com:

This season, Boston was 14 games better than the second-best team in the Eastern Conference (New York Knicks), and seven games better than the Denver Nuggets and the Oklahoma City Thunder, the two 57-game winners in the West. It defeated opponents by 11.3 points per game -- a differential reserved for dynasties (the 2016-17 Golden State Warriors and 1995-96 Chicago Bulls also won with this margin) and it was the best point differential in Celtics history.

Three times this season -- Nov. 1 against the Indiana Pacers (155-104), Feb. 14 versus the Brooklyn Nets (136-86) and March 3 against Golden State (140-88) -- the Celtics won by at least 50 points.

Through two playoff rounds, Boston has been ruthless, destroying both the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers in five games, by an average margin of victory of 22 and 15 points, respectively, and now Indiana, a team Boston was 17 games better than and beat three-of-four times, stands between it and its second Finals appearance in three years.

Yet, for an obvious juggernaut that was picked to win the NBA title since before Thanksgiving, nobody seems to be particularly happy in Boston. The star, Jayson Tatum, dismisses criticism of the Celtics as proof of an impatient society only happy when it's mad. Whether the subject is Boston's 3-point volume, its toughness or his time-out usage. Joe Mazzulla, the Celtics' overly defensive second-year head coach, wears the annoyed countenance of a man offended that he dared be asked any questions at all.

Whether Tatum and Mazzulla are purposely gaslighting their fan base by acting surprised by the anxiety, or if they are throwing up the protective shield teams do this time of year, these Celtics are eight victories from their 18th championship surrounded by angst that is well deserved, and the reason is as obvious as the Citgo sign: No championship-level Celtics team in the 78-year history of the franchise has ever taken so long to win a title.

Full story: Will the Tatum/Brown-era Celtics finally prove their toughness?

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
These Kornet minutes are rough. Would rather they play Tatum or someone like Brissett at the 5 when Horford sits.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
How long are you going to leave Pritchard and Hauser in to get torched? Like a 13 point swing with them in the game the last 2 minutes of that quarter

Reactions: EverettMike

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
It would be great if we could actually get our best lineup on the court together for the first time in 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad