GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
Seeing Celebrini was the only thing exciting about this game.
IMG_5486.jpeg

Definitely. Canucks no showed.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
What a pathetic effort by the Canucks. Losing Demko (and Boeser) didn't help, but where was Pettersson all playoffs long? Guy was basically idk'ing when he was asked about his performance too.

Oh, and Celebrini forcing his way to his actual hometown team confirmed. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
What a pathetic effort by the Canucks. Losing Demko (and Boeser) didn't help, but where was Pettersson all playoffs long? Guy was basically idk'ing when he was asked about his performance too.

Oh, and Celebrini forcing his way to his actual hometown team confirmed. :sarcasm:
Agreed. It seems like once Demko went down, they decided to go into a defensive shell from puck fdrop.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Agreed. It seems like once Demko went down, they decided to go into a defensive shell from puck fdrop.
Losing Boeser for tonight was a real kick to the gonads, and they did not respond well to it. I suppose the consolation for the rest of us is that a Dallas-Edmonton series should be more entertaining than Dallas vs. a depleted, demoralized Vancouver.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
At this stage of the playoffs I like to think about narratives and how they relate to the sharks. I always like to cheer for teams that help the shark's narrative as best as possible (or make them look as less bad as possible)

To give an example of this pretzel logic, after Tampa won the first time, I was cheering for them to win the second and third time because even if the Sharks were good they wouldn't have been able to defeat a dynasty team.

Unfortunately last year was awful for the narrative.

But this year is tough. Here's how I see it:

Rangers - their rebuild is so impossible to mimic or learn from, thanks to certain star players only wanting to play in New York City, so it's inconceivable that even a good sharks team could compete with a team that has an unfair advantage.

Dallas - if Dallas wins we are never going to hear the end of how pavelski was better as a star and only won the stars and how the Sharks suck, so we don't want them to win.

Florida - this is an sun-state expansion team that's younger than we are, has been to the Cup Final more times, and might win it before we do. No thanks

Edmonton - two of the best players of this generation finally get it done. The model is copy-able in a way, and these powerhouse teams were in division. Even a sharks team that makes the playoffs was not beating them.

So to me, it's EDM or NYR in terms of who makes us look the least bad. Considering all my Friends are rangers fans and my boss is an oilers guy, I'm going Oil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad