2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
We shouldn't be targeting players older than Konecny in a Konecny trade.

The time to do that was last offseason, when he had term, and they could get a decent piece that isn‘t 5+ years from contributing. Now, they are looking down the barrel of a Jake Guentzel return. There‘s nothing stopping them from trading Buchnevich for the same late second and C prospects at the deadline, just in the meantime Michkov has someone help him transition to the NHL.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If we wanted to go for a lesser splash, I got bored and made a roster for next season:

Atkinson and Risto traded for 50% retained. I originally chose Chicago because they could use both at that price and Flyers could get a pick or two out of it.
Somehow, Michkov does get brought over.

Farabee-Couts-Konecny
Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Brink-Poehling-Foerster
Laughton-Cates-Hathaway
ND

Sanheim-Drysdale
York-Zamula
Andrea-Seeler
Attard

Fedotov
Ersson

Put Johansen and Ellis on LTIR and the Flyers have 11M in cap space. 40M for the following season.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Should Michkov's early arrival make the disgruntled players feel any more optimistic about dealing with Tortorella? Also, if Konecny refuses to extend and Couturier asks for a trade, then I don't see how they can even pretend to swing an accelerated rebuild.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Turn Laughton and TK to Zegras and picks. I know we didn’t target him with Cutter, but now things are different.
If you were Anaheim would you do that trade? Or you saying trade them both use the assets acquired to then get Zegras?

Also keep in mind any player you want to acquire has to get approval from GM Torts.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Should Michkov's early arrival make the disgruntled players feel any more optimistic about dealing with Tortorella? Also, if Konecny refuses to extend and Couturier asks for a trade, then I don't see how they can even pretend to swing an accelerated rebuild.

Can't wait for "authentic fans" to get mad at Michkov taking away playing time from ND, Hathaway, Cates, Poehling and Laughton.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
If we wanted to go for a lesser splash, I got bored and made a roster for next season:

Atkinson and Risto traded for 50% retained. I originally chose Chicago because they could use both at that price and Flyers could get a pick or two out of it.
Somehow, Michkov does get brought over.

Farabee-Couts-Konecny
Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Brink-Poehling-Foerster
Laughton-Cates-Hathaway
ND

Sanheim-Drysdale
York-Zamula
Andrea-Seeler
Attard

Fedotov
Ersson

Put Johansen and Ellis on LTIR and the Flyers have 11M in cap space. 40M for the following season.

That’s not a great roster to go into the season with….

Reactions: trostol

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That’s not a great roster to go into the season with….

Nope, it's not. But knowing our cap issues and torts wanting to play very specific players every game, like Laughton, Cates, Hathaway, and ND, good luck getting real top 9 going. Yes, they are bottom line, but they will forever seep into the top 9 taking spots away from better players.

Reactions: SnS

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Turn Laughton and TK to Zegras and picks. I know we didn’t target him with Cutter, but now things are different.
Trading TK and Laughton for the single most overrated player in the league will have me immediately turn on Briere.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If you were Anaheim would you do that trade? Or you saying trade them both use the assets acquired to then get Zegras?

Also keep in mind any player you want to acquire has to get approval from GM Torts.
Assets into Zegras and maybe left over assets.

Tort days are numbered. No way he has pull over MM

Trading TK and Laughton for the single most overrated player in the league will have me immediately turn on Briere.

MM is a winger. You’ll need centers. They don’t even have to be play drivers. Zegras will be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad