Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm confused with all the Draisaitl talk. Isn't he signed for 1 more year after this season? Why would he want to come here? Not being an ass, I must have missed something.
Why would he want to stay in Edm should be real question.

How about a deal with Philly built around Ullmark for Konecny? Maybe something like Ullmark, Frederick and another piece? Flyers always need a goalie, eastern team that may be agreeable for Linus, Flyers also apparently open for business. They also have 2 firsts and I think 3 seconds this coming draft so Konecny and a 2nd for Ullmark + whatever balances out.

Then add a center or two in free agency. Lindholm or Stephenson would be great options if another center by trade isn’t in the cards. I always liked Dillon for D, maybe Erik Johnson though I don’t know how he’s been the last year.
Flyers just locked up that Russian goalie

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
How many third line centers are putting up 63 points per season the last three years?

How many third line centers get PP time, ice time, and line mates that Lindholm has got?

I’m not saying he can’t turn it around here, but he’s been really underwhelming in Calgary lately and so so in his brief stint in Vancouver. Bad in regular season for the Canucks, good in post season.

It’s a cointoss, but potentially an 8 million dollar one, I’m a bigger fan of Chandler if we absolutely have to go the UFA route. I think there are likely better options to be traded for in my opinion.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Jeanot may be available in TB idk what the Bruins could offer but toughness to replace Maroon
I like Tanner Jeannot more than Maroon, I do not like his 3m a year contract or his drop in goal scoring, love the player as 4th liner though. Brandon Duhaime to me us still the answer for 4th line grit, give up a pick for Matt Oliver and you have a very tough 4th line when needed.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
How many third line centers get PP time, ice time, and line mates that Lindholm has got?

I’m not saying he can’t turn it around here, but he’s been really underwhelming in Calgary lately and so so in his brief stint in Vancouver. Bad in regular season for the Canucks, good in post season.

It’s a cointoss, but potentially an 8 million dollar one, I’m a bigger fan of Chandler if we absolutely have to go the UFA route. I think there are likely better options to be traded for in my opinion.

Vancouver was a rough go until the playoffs where he had as many goals as all bruins centers combined.

Also I would love a center who could come in and be as underwhelming as Lindholm was his last couple years in Calgary. 73 points per season in Calgary after covid ended and full seasons resumed.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Anyone think Lucic makes a comeback this season?
I know it won't be with us.......pretty apparent when he was left off the invitation list for the 2011 cup team.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
But you been to build a plan when signing guys in the offseason. If you sign Kase for 2 years where are you slotting him? Is he in the Heinen job 2rst man play up and down lineup, can he do that? Or do you have to play him on one of the top 2 lines in order to get value from him?

If you sign him and slot him on the second line, what is the plan if his season ends before Thanksgiving?

So there is cost involved which is not so much money, but is opportunity cost.
You aren't bringing him in to rely on top 6 mins, he's fighting for a spot and if he earns it at worst he plays until he's hurt again and it gives some young guys some more time to marinate in the AHL, and if he happens to stay healthy and is a solid contributor you're happy.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You aren't bringing him in to rely on top 6 mins, he's fighting for a spot and if he earns it at worst he plays until he's hurt again and it gives some young guys some more time to marinate in the AHL, and if he happens to stay healthy and is a solid contributor you're happy.
Yeah I have no problem giving him a PTO

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Everyone of those d-men you mentioned are older than Carlo, and they all will probably seek more money then Carlo, and do not they make you better on D. I will stay with Carlo thank you very much........
Carlo is 27. Those guys are 29 for the most part. Lindholm/ Stephenson are 29/30. Necas is 25. Not in a rush to move Carlo, but I would rather go for the 2 year age spread than the 5 year one.

I dunno. Feels like there is a big group of nay sayers with no realistic answers. Wait for Elias Pettersson or Leo Draisaitl! Isn’t happening. And if it did, Boston wouldn’t be winning the bid. Now a younger guy with more upside that the Bruins could win the battle for is available and folks don’t want to pay for it.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I love Sway as much as the next guy, but i think it'd take a hell of a lot more than that to get Draisaitl
You're probably right. But if Drai decides he won't resign and wants to force his way to his preferred destination and the Oilers are still looking for a goalie, it makes some sense. It would have to be Swayman ++. Unlikely but possible if Drai wants Boston.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad