Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 15 5.3%

• Total voters

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Yegor Surin,an interesting and complete prospect.
IMG_5540.png
Yegor Surin, the troublemaker of the 2024 NHL draft

Reactions: bopeep

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
He has been in NA for two full years (played for GB in USHL for a season before MSU) and I still haven't been impressed by the lack of structure in his defensive game and his constant poor reads. I know I'm in the very small minority here but I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on a dman with such questionable hockey IQ and desire to play defense. Amazing skills/tools and he's built like a greek god but I think he's going to be in for a wake up call at the next level when ability to think the game is so crucial no matter how impressive your tools are.
I agree on the fact that there’s big room for improvement on the D side. He was easy to follow and get some games on the net and get a grip on who he is on ice. I’m reminded of Sergachev here where he had to learn to become passable on the D side of things. I don’t doubt he will get better on the back on another year in the NCAA and a year in the AHL to get the work he needs too. The package is too enticing to me, considering he’s on the right side. That’s great value thoughout the league.

Maybe he’ll never have a tool box and falter, yes there’s risk. Souray never got the D side either but still managed to be a definite NHL’er. I’d wager it’s that kind of floor for Levshunov because of size and skills.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I say this from my own perspective, but also Golden hands wasn't wrong to expect domination from Helenius.

He lost his place so far with the men's team. This could be good for him. Jukka is probably the only coach who's told him no before. You can tell that Jukka is sending a message with the way he talks in the media, although he doesn't come out and say it directly.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like parts of Helenius’ game and he’s a good prospect, but it’s just not a pick you can make at 5. The Habs need a player that wants it and fights for it. They don’t need a player that’s just happy to wait and play a cerebral game.

Reactions: habsfan891

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Feels like Lindstrom is the guy most of the casual fans talk about. I hope we won't get a repeat of the Reinbacher internet meltdown if he's not the one in the end :help:

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
With Werenski being injured a lot in Columbus it makes me wonder if they won’t take a LD with their first? There’s been a lot of chatter about getting Little Johnny going but that team falls apart without Werenski. Maybe Buium?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad