WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
While no official confirmation.. the main newspaper has confirmed (unofficially) that Zacha and Pasta are coming.

This doesn't always work as I remember Jagr and Straka flying in and losing right away. Or Ovi and friends a few times. However, now we have Pasta, Necas and Zacha in our Top 6. I still feel we have the best goalie trio of any time (Dostal, Mrazek and Vej).

Unfortunately, our D core is around 5th best and we have absolutely nothing close to a Josi, Power, Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin, S. Jones, Werenski etc. I mean nothing even close.lol

Reactions: LucaBrasil

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
While no official confirmation.. the main newspaper has confirmed (unofficially) that Zacha and Pasta are coming.

This doesn't always work as I remember Jagr and Straka flying in and losing right away. Or Ovi and friends a few times. However, now we have Pasta, Necas and Zacha in our Top 6. I still feel we have the best goalie trio of any time (Dostal, Mrazek and Vej).

Unfortunately, our D core is around 5th best and we have absolutely nothing close to a Josi, Power, Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin, S. Jones, Werenski etc. I mean nothing even close.lol
Nonetheless this is a huge boost to Czechia. They will be a tough out in front of the passionate Czech fans

So I go a question do they reseed after the quarter finals based on group position?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Sweden won in 2013 with Tallinder and Gustavsson.

Reactions: Czechboy

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
There is an argument to be made about adding players late and hurting chemistry! Our boys have been doing great so watch us lose the next 2 games and be out after adding some of our best players.
in 2002 Slovakia added Palffy and Stumpel before the quarterfinals. We went on to win gold. Palffy had 7 pts including the shootout winner in the semifinal.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Hedman about the temperature in the Ostrava arena

"It's extremely hot there. I've never experienced anything like that and I play hockey in Florida. It's the hottest hockey arena I've played in. You lose 5-7 kilograms every game."

Also I read somewhere that the Latvian goalman had to go to the hospital because of that. I don't know how true that is though.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hedman about the temperature in the Ostrava arena

"It's extremely hot there. I've never experienced anything like that and I play hockey in Florida. It's the hottest hockey arena I've played in. You lose 5-7 kilograms every game."

Also I read somewhere that the Latvian goalman had to go to the hospital because of that. I don't know how true that is though.
The Slovak goalie kept sitting down too.. it all makes sense now. Czechs need to pay some hydro bills.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
There is an argument to be made about adding players late and hurting chemistry! Our boys have been doing great so watch us lose the next 2 games and be out after adding some of our best players.
Yeah, although the argument would be stronger if the team lineup wasn't pure garbage. It just was a ridiculous decision.

Czechia did the logical thing, and got rewarded for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad