Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Petterson is so good, Nucks fans want to drive him to the airport for some "magic beans"

My favorite part was OP’s rationale for Vancouver making the trade was:
clear cap space for Boeser and Lindholm…
… and oh hey, would you look at that, we could also draft Aiden’s brother

I also appreciate the inevitable “you don’t like my proposal? Well f*** you and your shit team. I’ll just keep my players and you guys can just continue to suck ass FOREVER”

Me:
Woah! I was unaware that these conversations had influence on actual outcomes. Now that I understand that we are negotiating with the Canucks management on behalf of the Sharks organization I’ll have to think this over more seriously…

hahahaha, still no

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't want to turn this into a Peterson bash thread as I like the player. Yea, the proposal was ridiculous but the thing I find annoying is that you have people that claim players because they were born in a certain place.
Yeah, I'd have no problems taking Pettersson off their hands for plenty. It just wouldn't be Celebrini or Smith. Everyone does the hometown thing. Hell, we do that with Auston Matthews lol

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Yeah, I'd have no problems taking Pettersson off their hands for plenty. It just wouldn't be Celebrini or Smith. Everyone does the hometown thing. Hell, we do that with Auston Matthews lol

You could make a case for some even did with Celebrini because his dad works for the Warriors and he was a Jr Shark.

Reactions: Baysick

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Petterson is so good, Nucks fans want to drive him to the airport for some "magic beans"
I wanted to respond to the last post but it's locked.

"There is a 100% chance that Celebrini turns out to be better than Pettersson."

100% chance is like pluralizing the lone rangers. 100% isn't a chance it's a guarantee!

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
You could make a case for some even did with Celebrini because his dad works for the Warriors and he was a Jr Shark.

Admitedly, this created some additional absurd hope for me. Surely, if we're ever going to get the first overall it's when it's a guy who was a JR. Shark. He's not a CA native, but for us this is about as close as it gets (Devin Cooley not withstanding)

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Seems wasteful, I could live with Catton but if you're going to take him it would be such a waste of Celebrini to pair him with a defensive liability instead of other players who are hard to play against. I don't like his implication that Emery is the only good defensive player needed to build a future defense.
Who the hell says Catton is a defensive liability? If you have the chance to pair a potential PPG player with Celebrini, you do it.

Reactions: Gecklund

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Admitedly, this created some additional absurd hope for me. Surely, if we're ever going to get the first overall it's when it's a guy who was a JR. Shark. He's not a CA native, but for us this is about as close as it gets (Devin Cooley not withstanding)

I was certainly the same way. It was more that we were destined to Celebrini than entitled to him as was the essence I got from the main board thread. He even tried to justify why the Sharks would do it with a word salad of nonsense worthy of the principal/game judge from Billy Madison meme.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Who the hell says Catton is a defensive liability? If you have the chance to pair a potential PPG player with Celebrini, you do it.
Everyone who watches more than a highlights package? He has a lack of engagement, structure, and tools but goes for the highlight defensive play sometimes and that leads to people thinking he can defend.

He's probably not a very useful player in the NHL, especially with his inflated TOI and stats. You can take the risk that he scores more than expected or finds the next gear, but most of the time you'll be disappointed.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Everyone who watches more than a highlights package? He has a lack of engagement, structure, and tools but goes for the highlight defensive play sometimes and that leads to people thinking he can defend.

He's probably not a very useful player in the NHL, especially with his inflated TOI and stats. You can take the risk that he scores more than expected or finds the next gear, but most of the time you'll be disappointed.
Catton is not a defensive liability. He just doesn’t make those highlight reel defensive plays. He’s great at winning puck battles despite being smaller just by being in the right place at the right time.

Will he ever be Bergeron? No. But he’s fine defensively.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Scott Wheeler just released the latest ranking that shows to be only 11-deep. Should we trade up?

If the draft fell the way Wheeler ranks them, I'd be over the moon. Coming out with Celebrini, MBN, Emery, and either Badinka or Elick (both ranked immediately after Howe, smallish LW we have our fair share of, at 42) is a haul and a half. Even Tomas Lavoie is a steal at 85.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad