Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
To be fair to Chevy, it's a lot easier to entice the type of guys you want to Florida than Winnipeg
I should have anticipated that this would likely go in every which direction.:) I agree fully with what you say but that simply makes Chevy`s job much harder. Even if he can`t entice the best available players to make roster adjustments, I`d hope that he would still try to secure player "types" that more closely match what he and the coach want.. I quite frankly don`t see much of that when Chevy does make moves.

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
really think people are going way too far with the effort level narrative and ignoring the top of the line talent of these teams...
I don't -
It's the missing ingredient IMO - and should be easier to enlist based on all the feedback about how hard it is to draw talent into Wpg.

Reactions: Buffdog

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I don't -
It's the missing ingredient IMO - and should be easier to enlist based on all the feedback about how hard it is to draw talent into Wpg.
do you think the more skilled rosters just simply don't try as hard? two teams can try as equally hard, the more skilled team will come out on top in a 7 game series far more often than not

the missing ingredient is more skill, we desperately need our young players to hit and come in and make an impact like dallas had happen with johnston/harly/stank

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One thing the Jets players dont have (other than Lowry) is being naturally mean. Bennet is a bad, mean dude.

Dillon has a mean streak too but our top 6 forwards do not initiate contact. Vilardi is very good at using his size to shield and win board battles but he doesn’t have a mean bone in his body.

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
do you think the more skilled rosters just simply don't try as hard? two teams can try as equally hard, the more skilled team will come out on top in a 7 game series far more often than not

the missing ingredient is more skill, we desperately need our young players to hit and come in and make an impact like dallas had happen with johnston/harly/stank
Do I think more skilled rosters don't try as hard?
No, I wouldn't put it that way - that's a blanket statement.
IMO, it's not about one or the other (skill vs hard work) - you need both.
To your point, if both teams are playing equally hard, the more skilled team will usually win (you'd think) -
But that isn't what I'm seeing - we got out skilled and out worked in the PO's.

I'm with you on the youth movement - we need an impact from those guys and I'm optimistic with the crew that is coming up through the system now.
But I also think there is a shortfall in that killer instinct that we are seeing from the teams that are playing right now - they are showing us another level of hockey that is based on skill and compete. I hope we get the compete part from the the youth coming up - I don't think we are getting enough of it from a few of the key pcs in our current lineup.

Reactions: GNP

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
To your point, if both teams are playing equally hard, the more skilled team will usually win (you'd think) -

I'm with you on the youth movement - we need an impact from those guys and I'm optimistic with the crew that is coming up through the system now.
But I also think there is a shortfall in that killer instinct that we are seeing from the teams that are playing right now - they are showing us another level of hockey that is based on skill and compete. I hope we get the compete part from the the youth coming up - I don't think we are getting enough of it from a few of the key pcs in our current lineup.

I think the issue with the Jets top forwards (Scheif, Connor, Ehlers...) is that they just aren't as good as on these other top teams. I don't think they try less hard, but they don't have that level of ability. Like any of them would be at best 3rd best forward on the Oilers or Florida (or Colorado for that matter). I think Chevy knows this and is going for the Vegas style strong depth team and bank on getting great goaltending, considering it's impossible to attract that kind of talent. It's sort of the Jets best bet.

I don't think my Vegas comparison is all that apt really, they are amazing at finding those hidden gems from other teams. Their pro scouting must be on another level. Chevy likes his slow but steady vets

Reactions: gojetsgo

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

colorado is the fastest team in the league while we are one of the slower teams in the league, no matter how hard we tried we can't match that speed, and of course when they are winning majority of the puck races it's going to look they we aren't trying as hard

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think the issue with the Jets top forwards (Scheif, Connor, Ehlers...) is that they just aren't as good as on these other top teams. I don't think they try less hard, but they don't have that level of ability. Like any of them would be at best 3rd best forward on the Oilers or Florida (or Colorado for that matter). I think Chevy knows this and is going for the Vegas style strong depth team and bank on getting great goaltending, considering it's impossible to attract that kind of talent. It's sort of the Jets best bet.

I don't think my Vegas comparison is all that apt really, they are amazing at finding those hidden gems from other teams. Their pro scouting must be on another level. Chevy likes his slow but steady vets
That’s why every player decision matters, toffoli, vs perfetti. We will never get a dollar “player” so that means it’s all the more important to get everything out of nickel and dimes.
It may not equal a win, but, hopefully it will equal more than this. All the more important to play youth and not defer to vets. Would love more tanev frenetic energy than slow. It might not help, but, god was it entertaining.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Every other year "we need more balanced lines from top to bottom!"

Edmonton makes the finals, "we need more top end talent on the first line!"

😂
no, we need more skill throughout the lineup that will create more balanced lines

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think McGroarty, Barlow and Salomonsson will add some bite to the lineup in the future.

Hopefully the Jets can grab a big, physical, puck moving dman in this year’s draft too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad