Armchair GM: Offseason Roster Moves and Rumors

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm rooting for Edmonton tonight so that we can continue the Holland speculation for at least another 2 weeks.
trouble.gif

• Haha
Reactions: EspenK

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
the only reason why i want a GM in place sooner rather than later is so we can get back to the deranged armchair GM discussion posts that keep me entertained in the offseason.

in the meantime i'm gonna be workshopping a "trade everyone, then call up the entire AHL team, then trade those guys too and sign a full roster of guys with GRIT" hot take

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
the only reason why i want a GM in place sooner rather than later is so we can get back to the deranged armchair GM discussion posts that keep me entertained in the offseason.

in the meantime i'm gonna be workshopping a "trade everyone, then call up the entire AHL team, then trade those guys too and sign a full roster of guys with GRIT" hot take
I miss mocking up lineups that the coach would never actually implement, I'm about to resume doing that with a GM in office or not

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Meanwhile I'm still working out all the details of exactly how I'm going to justify banning everybody here to the admin staff. It'll be my greatest challenge yet, because despite best efforts they still don't accept "they annoyed me" as a rationale.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It's not necessarily one or the other. They both could say no or we could just simply want to make sure we've talked to everyone we could before making a decision.
Bobby Mac today , said people assume Holland or Hunter are being looked at as GM.. what if JD slides into a different role , and they are being considered for President role .. he answered this way when specifically asked about Holland

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Bobby Mac today , said people assume Holland or Hunter are being looked at as GM.. what if JD slides into a different role , and they are being considered for President role .. he answered this way when specifically asked about Holland
From the beginning of the Holland rumors that's been my guess. Everyone's complaining about JD not getting fired but I think the one thing people are forgetting is he probably had a good ole boy agreement that he will help hire a new GM/President then he will "retire" to save face instead of getting "fired" on the last job of his career. Since the Jarmo firing I always assumed he's just around to keep the lights on and hand over the keys to the new tenant, especially since he's had health issues which prevented Jarmo getting fired than it sounded like ownership wanted too.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
While I agree this is the most likely scenario due to the roster logjam we already have, how could we possibly know this before a new GM is in place?
We don't have a lot of roster openings and a lot of kids pushing for spots. Unless we get some major trades there's just not a lot openings.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I really think people believe hiring a GM is just like hiring some clerk where you spend 30 minutes on an interview and at the end of the week you decide the best candidate...
You could have told me that was how Babcock was hired and I might have believed you.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I've been assuming (hoping?) that the new GM will do some sorting out of the roster via trades, sending out some players who don't fit or are somewhat redundant for some other players who "connect" our existing guys a bit better, maybe getting a little older in the process. But yeah I don't think we're to the place yet where UFAs are going to be a piece of the roster-building puzzle yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad