Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
How did Paris’s-Suter interact in the handshake line?
In my head cannon, they each threw a fist of hundred dollar bills in the air and started passionately making out at center ice, camera had to cut away for the impressionable youth. Adam Oates was in the stands recording and giving helpful suggestions.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
still remember Burrows and Kesler too much to cheer for the Canucks. I am cheering for Soucy.

I have sympathy for the battle Nichushkin is fighting, but there is no doubt he has helped shaft his own team for two years in a row. That, and Landeskog not being available, have really limited what really should've been a dominant team and multiple Cup winner. They lucked out in getting two HOF'ers in the draft(Mack and makar), and a few really good ones(Landeskog. ROR, Duchene, Rantanen), but i think they wasted a lot of their early years with that idiot Roy as a coach.

Duhaime's head clearly wasn't right after that last prank by Fleury. Hard to come back from that.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Go Oilers! :towel:
main-qimg-d188eceeb1dfdb26135314eade1dd4cc

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm only hoping based on the team I dislike the least of those remaining, but guess I'd like to see a Florida-Edmonton final. With Florida taking the cup. Guess it's more of an indifference to Florida than anything. I actively dislike Vancouver just based on them being former division foes. Pepperidge Farms doesn't forget and neither do I. However, I am curious if they lost in the final if they'd lay waste to their city again. I wouldn't wager against it. With Edmonton, I just don't want to Grease fans to have McDavid validation because they're going to spew it everywhere on the boards here. And the Rangers, dunno they just have this annoying feel of being vaguely similar to the American version of Toronto fans to me.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I prefer the East Coast regardless. I don't want Dallas to win it for obvious reasons. I will never like Vancouver, and I enjoy too much watching Edmonton's fanbase get their jimmies rustled that they've essentially squandered two of the most legendary players from their respective countries by not winning it all yet.

New York purely because of some of the players on the team. Florida because they haven't won it yet.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, congratulations to the Oilers on winning the series. Lucky ba#@$rds will have an easier win with Boeser out.
They said the same when Demko went down. Tochett has them playing a sound defensive game, and that always gives EDM fits.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Congrats to the Stars on making the Finals, because neither the Oilers and the Nucks look good enough at this point. :laugh: At least Vancouver has an excuse by missing key players.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Congrats to the Stars on making the Finals, because neither the Oilers and the Nucks look good enough at this point. :laugh: At least Vancouver has an excuse by missing key players.
If there's one thing I've learned, you should always count your eggs before they hatch.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's crazy how quickly the Stars rebounded; they were out of the playoffs, jumped to the 3rd overall pick from 8th, missed the playoffs (barely) the next season, then lost in the 2nd round and then in the Finals before missing the playoffs, before making it back the playoffs and now two three conference finals.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So who do I cheer for.....Panthers or Rangers? I want to cheer for New York, but they won the President's Trophy. I feel like that curse will give the Cup to the West, and no way in hell do I want Dallas or Edmonton winning it.

Damn postseason!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's crazy how quickly the Stars rebounded; they were out of the playoffs, jumped to the 3rd overall pick from 8th, missed the playoffs (barely) the next season, then lost in the 2nd round and then in the Finals before missing the playoffs, before making it back the playoffs and now two three conference finals.

I don't know if I'd call it a rebound. They've had strong "on paper" teams for years, but just completely underachieved once the season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad