I kissed a ref and I liked it
Just called an imaginary high stick
I kissed a ref just to try it
I hope the fans don't mind it

It looks so wrong, the call wasn't right
Who cares, as long as we cheat and win tonight
I kissed a ref and I liked it
I liked it
If the blues go 0-82, but binny "hextalls" kadri in the corner every chance he gets, it would be my favorite season 2nd only to the cup.

• Love
Reactions: LogosBlue

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Dallas is my favorite remaining roster, but there isn't a team left that I don't like watching.

Pavelski is my absolute favorite 'guy without a Cup' to root for and is one of my favorite non-Blues in the league. I don't dislike Benn because he is very much a guy that every fanbase would love if he was a member of their team, and I like a ton of their young guys. Love the way the team is constructed and I love the shade of green in their uniforms.

I have a soft spot for the Rangers and the Canucks because that 1994 Final is my first memory of being obsessed with playoff hockey. It wasn't my intro to hockey, but it definitely was a massive part of how I became a die hard fan. Both teams have a ton of individual guys I like too.

I'm not a fan of the way Edmonton is constructed and firmly believe that their front office has completely botched the first half McDavid and Drai. Part of me has a hard time rooting for them because I don't like seeing organizations fail upwards. But a larger part of me is just in awe of the way those two superstars keep dragging the Oilers along. Drai and McDavid have 23 and 21 points. No other team has a guy with more than 15 playoff points. The leading scorer in the entire playoffs last year had 26 points in twice as many games as the Oilers have played so far. If they can get this team to the Cup, it might be the most impressive accomplishment in the cap era.

Florida plays so damn physical, has a ton of great guys to watch, and was close last year. They are probably my least 'favorite' team left, but that isn't a knock on them at all.

It is so great to just be able to root for good hockey instead of rooting against teams.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Well, Boeser is out for game 7 (presumably beyond that too), with blood clot issues.

Love or hate the Canucks, you've got to feel sympathy for a 27 year old player dealing with something of this nature at such a young age AND during a contract year. Got to imagine this will impact negotiations for his new deal this summer by introducing some doubts about his health moving forward.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Well, Boeser is out for game 7 (presumably beyond that too), with blood clot issues.

Love or hate the Canucks, you've got to feel sympathy for a 27 year old player dealing with something of this nature at such a young age AND during a contract year. Got to imagine this will impact negotiations for his new deal this summer by introducing some doubts about his health moving forward.
Brutal. Seravelli just reported that (as expected) it is season-ending.

He's already had more than his share personal loss at his age and now he gets taken out of the lineup just before the biggest game of his career and his chance to sign the biggest contract of his life. He's probably going to lose out on $40M+ of guaranteed money this summer immediately after losing out on a chance to help get his team to the Conference Final.

I can't imagine how hard it had to be to hear this diagnosis.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Brutal. Seravelli just reported that (as expected) it is season-ending.

He's already had more than his share personal loss at his age and now he gets taken out of the lineup just before the biggest game of his career and his chance to sign the biggest contract of his life. He's probably going to lose out on $40M+ of guaranteed money this summer immediately after losing out on a chance to help get his team to the Conference Final.

I can't imagine how hard it had to be to hear this diagnosis.

You've got to imagine Boeser knew something was off during game 6, even if he didn't know what it was specifically. His ice time didn't suffer but he had 0 SOG.

The Canucks in general looked off, being slightly out of sync - missing passes, slightly behind on plays etc. Boeser not picking up Hyman leads to the Oilers GWG, though in a 5-1 loss I'm not sure how much you can worry about allowing the 2nd goal to happen when not picking up the guy in the slot because your center is tied up on the boards (Bieksa did a decent breakdown in the intermission - I really like these explanations he's been doing through the playoffs for X's and O's).

I'd imagine clots would affect oxygenation efficiency and likely were detrimental to Boeser's play last game. That likely adds to the disappointment he's feeling being held out medically is that his performance in game 6 hurt the team's chances to win the series then to one degree or another.

As you say, absolutely crushing to heap onto the loss of his father 2 years ago which impacted him significantly. And that's glossing over a number of other losses or illnesses/conditions affect family and friends for Boeser over the past handful of years.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Quinn has to try to take control. He has at times, but if he can assert himself, then the Canucks have a chance.

Zadorov's shot selection is awful.

Sure looked like Ceci's goal was tipped by Holloway on the way in.

DiJuicy with a wicked shot!!!

Strongly dislike Ferrarro's voice. It's whiny and slow. He should do guest voices for Family Guy.

RNH finally scored his 14th playoff goal. Wow....

Funny that the ads on the boards are different with different angles/cameras. Same spot, cameras switching, different ads. lol

Messier is just placating PK at this point.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
With the ESPN games the only option is to get the Canadian Sportsnet streams. TNT is next level, but when it's Sportsnet or ESPN, Sportsnet has strong production values and they treat a Game 7 like a historical significant event and there's no PK Subban, who is a lightweight hype man

Reactions: BlueOil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad