Proposal: Blockbuster: MTL + L.A. + S.J. (edited)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
EDIT: Granlund has been removed from the deal, and replaced with a 7th rd pick

EDIT #2: Dvorak has been added to the deal

Habs --> #26, Gallagher, Anderson, Dvorak
Habs <-- Dubois

Kings --> #21, Dubois
Kings <-- S.J.'s '24 7th, Dvorak

Sharks --> '24 7th
Sharks <-- #21, #26, Gallagher, Anderson

Montreal fill a position of need with a pretty significant upgrade in talent at C while also creating 8 million in additional cap space

Los Angeles get out from under Dubois' long term contract while also creating 4.5 million in additional cap space

San Jose add a pair of 1st round picks for simply taking on some of the salary they'll need anyways in order to reach the cap floor in the coming seasons

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
As a Sharks fan, Granlund is worth a first alone and BG and JA, with 3 long years left are worth firsts on their own. Getting two late firsts isn't worth it.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Habs --> #26, Gallagher, Anderson
Habs <-- Dubois

Kings --> #21, Dubois
Kings <-- Granlund

Sharks --> Granlund
Sharks <-- #21, #26, Gallagher, Anderson

Montreal fill a position of need with a pretty significant upgrade in talent at C while also creating 3.5 million in additional cap space

Los Angeles get out from under Dubois' long term contract while also creating 3.5 million in additional cap space

San Jose add a pair of 1st round picks for simply taking on some of the salary they'll need anyways in order to reach the cap floor in the coming seasons
Dubois' contract is 4 years longer than Gallagher's and Anderson's.
Montreal isn't adding a 1st as a sweetener to this deal

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
some Francophone Habs fans

PLD in Columbus = yeah he gave up on his team..But he's from Quebec!
PLD with Winnipeg = yeah he was frequently called out and was bad for the locker room...but He's from Quebec!
PLD with LA = Yeah he....What he played for LA? I didn't see him there the entire season! ....But he is from Quebec!

Do you think him eating poutine and smoked meat sandwiches on the regular is going to change the type of player he is?

You should be wiping your brow that your team dodging that bullet and did not trade for him!

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I think it is an interesting trade idea but that LA is not giving up enough value for what they are acquiring. LA giving up 21 to acquire Granlund while dumping Dubois is not enough, they should probably be giving up another more value to balance out the deal.

Reactions: Neutrinos

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Gallagher and Anderson combined take up $12M in cap for three years, that’s a hard no from SJ, especially since you have us giving up our best center in Granlund.

Try again. LA is the only team who does this here.
sharks arent gonna be needing that 12 m cap for 3 years though.....

Reactions: Neutrinos

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
sharks arent gonna be needing that 12 m cap for 3 years though.....
Doesn’t mean we should spend it on garbage. Picks in the 21-26 range end up useful about one-third of the time. The odds of maybe getting an NHL player out of that pick are not worth taking on two awful contracts and giving up Granlund.

Grier has just spent the last two years ridding the Sharks of most of their bad contracts. He’s not going to turn around and take on more for a pittance.

Reactions: themelkman

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I don't see any GM wanting Dubois honestly. Way too risky. Gallagher may be declining but he's a sure thing. I don't think Anderson has a season like this one again.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I don't see any GM wanting Dubois honestly. Way too risky. Gallagher may be declining but he's a sure thing. I don't think Anderson has a season like this one again.
gallagher as a sure thing scored less that dubios in his lowing scoring season hahah.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
gallagher as a sure thing scored less that dubios in his lowing scoring season hahah.
He can do other things than score, he gives a maximum effort every shift, he's not paid as much as Dubois and his contract will end just as the team is ready to move up to the next level.

Meanwhile, maybe Dubois doesn't ask for a trade once again, maybe he plays to his potential and for the value of his huge contract, maybe....

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I did not read anything past PLD to montreal. This is a dead issue. Its been reported they were never really interested.

I really really wish this would sink into the head of some of the fans who really want him....he is dead weight and that contract is an anchor that could sink a battleship.....

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
some Francophone Habs fans

PLD in Columbus = yeah he gave up on his team..But he's from Quebec!
PLD with Winnipeg = yeah he was frequently called out and was bad for the locker room...but He's from Quebec!
PLD with LA = Yeah he....What he played for LA? I didn't see him there the entire season! ....But he is from Quebec!

Do you think him eating poutine and smoked meat sandwiches on the regular is going to change the type of player he is?

You should be wiping your brow that your team dodging that bullet and did not trade for him!
The OP wasn't a Habs fan that I know of.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Having dead cap for a while doesn't seem to be an issue for San Jose and Grier seems kind of dumb, so the trade to San Jose might work, but the Habs aren't giving up a 1st to take on PLD, so this deal dies there.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Gallagher is coming off a year in which he scored 16 goals, 31 points in 77 games

Dubois put up 16 goals, 40 points in 82 games

Over the last 5 seasons, Gallagher has 67 goals, 135 points in 264 games

Dubois over that same stretch has 98 goals, 233 points in 352 games

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Gallagher is coming off a year in which he scored 16 goals, 31 points in 77 games

Dubois put up 16 goals, 40 points in 82 games

Over the last 5 seasons, Gallagher has 67 goals, 135 points in 264 games

Dubois over that same stretch has 98 goals, 233 points in 352 games
Gallagher will finish his career on LTIR everyone knows this

Reactions: BLNY and viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad