Blue Jays/MLB 2024

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have no idea why you brought up a comparison after 3 games in the first place. As I've said, beyond stupid.
And as I actually have stated, Cashman has had about 80 million more in payroll to work with, so the expectation should be much higher. Again, beyond stupid.

By the way, since you're bringing up their current standing. Who made the playoffs last year and who finished in last place?;)
Answer the question, would you rather have Atkins than Cashman?

(If you answer yes I’m gonna have to question your sanity ;))

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Answer the question, would you rather have Atkins than Cashman?

(If you answer yes I’m gonna have to question your sanity ;))
I only responded to your Turner/Soto comparison later on, was just to show you how utterly stupid it is to compare players 3 days into a 162 game schedule, and how quickly things can change, one way or the other. I still have my doubts whether you understand this or not.:skeptic:

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingOil

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
The only reason I continued the comparison of Turner and Soto later on

I only responded to your Turner/Soto comparison later on, was just to show you how utterly stupid it is to compare players 3 days into a 162 game schedule, and how quickly things can change, one way or the other. I still have my doubts whether you understand this or not.:skeptic:
bingo

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You two should have a barn fight, Brian Burke style.
Unfortunately, the other participant has brought a knife to the gunfight in the battle of logic.:D Just frustrating at times. Like trying to hit a pinata in a windstorm.

P.S. I would have coughed up pay for view if Burke and Lowe would have gone at it.:thumbu:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I made a reasonable extrapolation based on history and ages of the players. And the numbers are bearing that out right now.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Atkins with a classic delusional, empty press conference. Team blows. 8th highest payroll, bottom 5 farm system. As close to the bottom of the AL as we are to the wildcard 45 games in. Scary downward trajectory.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yankees rack up another win today, albeit against the lowly White Sox, but still, humming along. As a Yankee fan, I've learned to enjoy these stretches but not get carried away, as unfortunately, it's a long year, and the better teams usually take control down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Reactions: brentashton

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Holy sh**! Is Manoah actually back?
He was as impressive today as at anytime in 2022.
I was surprised they brought him back up so soon without him showing a lot more in the minors considering how bizarre everything was around him last year but he’s looked really good in all his starts. The last start where he threw 57 pitches to get through 6 innings was very impressive. We still don’t know what his issues really were last year but he does look more relaxed on the mound now then he did then so maybe he’s got that figured out.

Reactions: HockeyGuy1964

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I was surprised they brought him back up so soon without him showing a lot more in the minors considering how bizarre everything was around him last year but he’s looked really good in all his starts. The last start where he threw 57 pitches to get through 6 innings was very impressive. We still don’t know what his issues really were last year but he does look more relaxed on the mound now then he did then so maybe he’s got that figured out.
If he's got the mental part figured out finally, then he's 90 % there. As we've all seen, he definitely has the physical tools. His sinker, slider and 4 seamer were deadly the other day and he mixed them perfectly.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think the Blue Jays management have out thought their way through their sliver window in the killer AL East Division. Moved away from power baseball into small ball, pitching team while watching the hitting shrink up further on this team. Now lapped by Baltimore's lengthy rebuild arriving and Yankees spending their uber money more wisely.

Felt this ESNP article a week back was on the money and look at the standing to see Jays are now 11.5 games back. What a mess this management group has made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad