C Easton Cowan - London Knights, OHL (2023, 28th, TOR)

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
He is the OHL MVP and playoff MVP. But he is also the 4th maybe 5th best player on his own team? Doubt.
Can you read? The words used were "best prospect" being- how high your ceiling is and how likely you are to reach it, Nowhere was it said those players were better than him.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Easton Cowan must’ve ran this persons dog over. They’re obsessed with him lol.
I'm a Knights fan and I've done nothing but praise Cowan in this thread lmao. He's a great player. Sorry that you think me saying there are players who are better prospects is shitting on him.

Also I'm just responding to people, the original post I made on this page was in response to a main board thread about this same player.
By "argument" you mean "posting my opinion and pretending it's fact" though.
Yeah, that's kind of how opinions are stated. You're free to disagree with me if you think Cowan has a higher chance of hitting his upside than Bonk, Dickinson, or Halttunen though. All of those guys are extremely close in terms of floor and outside of maybe Halttunen Cowan has by far the highest upside of any of them, but to act like he's guaranteed to hit while none of the others are? Disingenuous at best. I'm happy for him but Leafs fanbase is so f***ing toxic to players, good or bad. Doesn't matter whether he succeeds or not, there will be more vitriol around him than any other fanbase combined. Look at how much Marner is getting, another former Knight.

• Haha
Reactions: OversKy and Metroid

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Yeah, that's kind of how opinions are stated. You're free to disagree with me if you think Cowan has a higher chance of hitting his upside than Bonk, Dickinson, or Halttunen though. All of those guys are extremely close in terms of floor and outside of maybe Halttunen Cowan has by far the highest upside of any of them, but to act like he's guaranteed to hit while none of the others are? Disingenuous at best. I wish this kid wasn't drafted by the Leafs, I'm happy for him but your fanbase is so f***ing toxic to players, good or bad.
Let me respond to the bolded with a quote of your own
you're just making up a whole new argument no one said and disagreeing with that lol.
Opinions aren't fact and shouldn't be presented as fact at all, yet that's what you do with your opinion here, then seemingly get upset at people laughing at you.

Pretty fun for leafs fans though:popcorn:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Let me respond to the bolded with a quote of your own

Opinions aren't fact and shouldn't be presented as fact at all, yet that's what you do with your opinion here, then seemingly get upset at people laughing at you.

Pretty fun for leafs fans though:popcorn:
Sorry, that part wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the many other Leafs fans here and other places who have said that, which I should have been more clear on.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Sorry, that part wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the many other Leafs fans here and other places who have said that, which I should have been more clear on.
Yes, we know you hate Toronto, the leafs and the fans and despise a London knight being picked by them, you keep saying it which is why none of the leafs fans here give a f*** about your opinion on the player, even if you're trying/ pretending you're not bias.

Also if it's not directed at me, don't say it to me. I'm not all leafs fans so your whining about them is equally as meaningless as our opinions are to you lol. :laugh:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Yes, we know you hate Toronto, the leafs and the fans and despise a London knight being picked by them, you keep saying it which is why none of the leafs fans here give a f*** about your opinion on the player, even if you're trying/ pretending you're not bias.

Also if it's not directed at me, don't say it to me. I'm not all leafs fans so your whining about them is equally as meaningless as our opinions are to you lol. :laugh:
Yeah, I already said that it wasn't directed at you. Just because I quote you doesn't mean I'm solely talking to you. And I don't despise a Knight being picked by the Leafs. I'm glad they're getting an opportunity. Toronto hasn't always been the best at developing prospects but they've given guys like the Ruperts a chance when sure as shit no one else did. I'm happy for a Knight to get picked by f***ing anyone. Nothing is guaranteed in the NHL.

And I'm definitely not biased against Cowan. If anything I'm biased for him. I try and be realistic and not a huge homer about my teams prospects. And I try to not say things about a prospect I know nothing about. I watch a LOT of OHL games every year. The year Cowan was drafted, I watched way more hockey games than I ever had before, including all of the Knights games like I do pretty much every year. I have strong opinions about that draft because of that.

Again, Cowan is a great player. I never said he wasn't. Yeah, you're right that I hate Leafs fans, but that doesn't influence me about my viewings in a whole other league, and honestly doesn't influence me in my player evaluations at all. I think Marner is getting the short end of the stick in Toronto from the fans and has played way better than people give him credit for. I think Matthews is an elite goalscorer who has the chance to come close to record breaking potential. I think Knies will be a fantastic prospect and player for them. I love to watch them fail, yes, but I don't dislike any of their players or have a bias against them.

I don't really care if you don't give a shit about my opinions, I've already said I came here to provide information about Cowan primarily because I know damn well not everyone in the Leafs fanbase has the time or ability to watch every Knights game like I do. If you disagree with my opinion, great! I'm always open to a dialog about a player and I acknowledge when I'm proven wrong. I love talking hockey in general, especially with people who are knowledgeable and put a lot of time and effort into it. That's another reason why my posts are often very long. If you think I shouldn't discuss a prospect I've seen a lot and have strong opinions about, like every other Knight player and a lot of other prospects I've seen a lot, feel free to ignore me. But this is a message board primarily for discussion and I'm going to keep doing it.

Admittedly I could have not posted the message in here that started it all but I was told to move the discussion to this thread instead, so I did. Sorry so many people are upset with that, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Remember when he posted weeks ago saying he didn't really want to stick around in this thread because hes a leafs hater? Yet here we are, thousands of words later lol

When in the end, it doesn't matter what anyone in here says, what Cowan will become will be completely up to him.
I'm not a dude, and I don't want to stick around. I was told to post here by a mod. Everything else has literally been people bitching at me and me responding. Not gonna bother with that anymore. You're right, Cowan will show what he is and I hope he develops well with the Leafs and hits his ceiling. Have a nice day.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
@Byron Bitz Just for the record, in terms of "best prospect" being- how high your ceiling is and how likely you are to reach it, Dickinson, Bonk, and Halttunen are all ahead of Cowan, and Barkey isn't far behind, just has more question marks about him.
Dickinson has top pairing potential, so I'll give you that one.

Bonk is in the same neighbourhood as Cowan... I wouldn't say more potential, or less.. but I'd say projected defensive D-men, typically don't have the same upside as offensive players... what actually happens... who knows.

Halttunen is a really nice player, but was drafted after Cowan, and hasn't done nearly as much as him since. I mean... Cowan put up 96 points in 54 games, Halt put up 61 points in 57 games... that one is ridiculous.

I like Barkey, but again, drafted later, hasn't done as much. O'Reilly looks to be a nice player, and may really take off next year... but probably lower end than Cowan too.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Final tally

- 96 points in 54 regular season games
- 34 points in 18 OHL playoff games
- 15 points in OHL Championship Series
- 8 points in 4 Memorial Cup games
- OHL MVP
- J. Ross Robertson Cup champion
- OHL playoff MVP
- CHL First All-Star Team
- CHL Player of the year nominee

Plus he's good defensively, is a good skater, and weighs over 180 lbs - not seeing any of the common/obvious things that hold guys back from the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad